Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Call me thick : Or perhaps just lazy

I have used a font somewhere in my site (Trajan) that always brings up a warning that I have to accept before the site is uploaded. It's damn annoying and I want to replace it with Arial or some-such standard font.
    My site has LOADS of text so how in hell do I find the Trajan text. Is there an easy way to do it or do I have to spend weeks looking at every bit of text
    IP

Default Re: Call me thick : Or perhaps just lazy

Trajan is a very formal looking font (see attached)

If you have a version with the Names Gallery, you can look at each page and see if Trajan is listed in the fonts section and then select it and change it.

In the best of all worlds, you could do a search and replace, but we do not live in the best of all worlds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trajan.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	130631  
    IP

And looking at your profile you show Web Designer 10 and Web Designer, even the latest version does not have a Names Gallery. So you will have to do a visual inspection of each page.

What's even more frustrating, sometimes a font can appear at the end of a sentence or paragraph and not be physically on the page.

But first have a look see and try to locate a fancy looking serif font like I posted above. Then maybe replace it with Georgia, Times Roman or Palantino.
    IP

Info Re: Call me thick : Or perhaps just lazy

Lynnzer

General:

• If you have set a font in a Paragraph Style, update the Style to your new font.
    • If you have a Name gallery, set all Layers to visible and highlight a text area on the design page.
      • In the Name gallery, you will see selected and unselected fonts.
      • Just select the unwanted font and then change the text(s) using it to a different one.
      • Repeat across all pages.
      • You may have to search separately in Stretchy NavBars, Moulds or Extrusions.

Longer:

• Preview your site.
    • Right-click select View Source.
    • (Probably opens Notepad) Search for "font-family" or the font name, if you know it.
    • Make a note of the text using the unsupported font.
    • Back in your design pages, use Edit > Find/Replace (Ctrl+Alt+F) to locate your recorded text.
    • Change out the offending font.

Fullest: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...054#post589054

Purest: reset everything to Normal. Build Paragraph Styles. Rework the entire site.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Ah so.....
    I do have a Fonts Gallery in my Xara Designer Pro+ that I paid for last year.
    It shows Trajan but there's no way to click it and have it take me to offending text or to click to replace it, which would be useful for inclusion in a future update.
    Anyway, I have found it. It's the company details at the head of each page. I must have chosen Trajan as the roll-in logo is in the same font, although it's set as a gif image.
    All sorted and many thanks for the advice.
    IP

Cool, glad you figured it out.

Please update your profile so we know what software product or products you are using. It helps us help you.

What I would do is format a bit of text the way you want the replacement to look, font, style, size, justification etc. Then Copy this to the clipboard.

Then if this text appears on several pages in and is not repeating, then go to each page, select the round box next to the font name in the Names Gallery and press Shift + Ctrl + A (or Edit > Paste > Paste Attributes) to update the text.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnzer View Post
    Ah so.....
    I do have a Fonts Gallery in my Xara Designer Pro+ that I paid for last year.
    It shows Trajan but there's no way to click it and have it take me to offending text or to click to replace it, which would be useful for inclusion in a future update.
    Anyway, I have found it. It's the company details at the head of each page. I must have chosen Trajan as the roll-in logo is in the same font, although it's set as a gif image.
    All sorted and many thanks for the advice.
    Just to clarify.

When a font is used it appears in the Name gallery.
    If you unlock all objects, select one and then click on Used Fonts to open it, you will see all fonts listed.
    Click the white cricle on the leeft and it turns red and those with that font are now selected.

All used fonts are shown in File > Document Info > External Resources.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP