Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Default Re: creating sub-folders in Xara

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I always seek the simplest solution. And considering what you are doing with a catalog of stories, it makes a world of sense.
    It was about eighteen months ago that you answered my question with a brilliant illustration of how to create a large site using sub folders: http://archive.xaraxone.com/webxealo...kbook%201.html
    Another poster gave an example of how he had actually done this.
    I spent many hours trying to get my head around it and make it work - and got more and more frustrated. It was way above my level of competence.
    In the end, after months of thought, I decided on what I've implemented.
    OK, so its 260+ individual websites, and I didn't see that anyone had done this at the time, but it worked - and I had to do something as my original sites were creaking with old age and incompatabilty with the use of phones and tablets.
    It's taken more than a year - and is still not finished, but I want to say how much I've appreciated all the well-meant and sage advice I've been given by you guys.
    As I see it, one stews over the best course of action to take with one's website (knowing that months of one's free time is involved) and the more in-put one receives, the easier it is to make an informed decision.

Default Re: creating sub-folders in Xara

Always good to hear. We moderators are volunteers and most of the time we get drive-by questions with no follow up. Thank you.