Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: creating sub-folders in Xara

Yes, indeed.

Distance is always an issue when dealing with persons personally. As yet, the suggestion is unproductive.

Now, onto business.

I'm reading these notes throughout the day. But I will later post an email that was to explained but the procedure left undefined if needed.

Here is the Question. Remember, we are a beginner in subfolder publishing here....

What step by step procedure do you do to accomplish turning the A35 .xar into the URL below? I will use the Xara for the download.

What would be the settings when this article .xar (A35) is published to the Articles folder the Publish Details tab?

Do the settings need to be different that was what delivered here (in WebProperties/Website and Webproperties/Page Tab)?

Do you publish down the A35.xar in Publish Details as is to create the folder needed?

Does the A35.xar have to be changed in name BEFORE publishing to the Articles folder, or AFTER (I would guess before) so it says on the URL when published:
    https://bourneuniversity.org/Article...toqqortoornit/ (see sample)

When is the folder name changed to reflect this URL (instead of it publishing as is and showing up as www.bourne/Articles/A35....?)

Of course, the links have to be changed on the Main Home Page that leads to the articles. No problem there.

Here is what was delivered for A35 Website and Page Properties.

Give me the step by step instruction on how to turn this A35 folder to end up as the URL noted and we go for gold, including settings. How simple!

Each article is a single website, published into the Articles folder. There is one .xar per article. So there are 40 .xars individually to be published into the Articles folder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A35 Web and Page Settings.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	130643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A35 Publish Tab.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	130644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barrr x.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	130645
    Last edited by ArchMed1; 18 September 2021 at 04:10 PM. Reason: detail question