Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anyone on TG using Xara Cloud

I’d like to find anyone on TG who is using the Cloud application for newsletters, cards, whatever.
    I don’t have a problem, I’d just like to see something in real world. I have no doubt that there is, but wondering if they’re TG users. Thanks
    ~Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Anyone on TG using Xara Cloud

Bill - I am using Xara Designer Pro+ which is the desktop application that goes along with Xara Cloud. I am not using the cloud based options however. But I use Pro+ for about 99% of all I create.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Bill - I am using Xara Designer Pro+ which is the desktop application that goes along with Xara Cloud. I am not using the cloud based options however. But I use Pro+ for about 99% of all I create.
    Thanks Gary. I’m using Pro+ for all my work as well. I’ve experimented a bit with the Cloud application. Just wondering how many are using the Cloud app and what there websites or newsletters look like.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Thanks Gary. I’m using Pro+ for all my work as well. I’ve experimented a bit with the Cloud application. Just wondering how many are using the Cloud app and what there websites or newsletters look like.
    xara Cloud can be used for previewing and simple editing of MouseOff and other layers that are not pop-ups. If you tried you would be creating a very basic website using Xara templates with little opportunity for adding any flair: Xara Cloud is not for website management. It was initially mooted as such. It is your Desktop Application running on a server rather than your machine but with a simpler user interface using a web browser. You would really habe to switch to XPro+ to do the heavy lifting.
    The changing of Pro+ to Cloud+ is fairly slick and the updating of one from the other quite fast.

Where Cloud+ comes into its own is in the creation of related flyers and social media as you can develop a product style than is Theme Colours on steroids.
    Doing this forces you into campaign mode so you pitch to the client the need for an integrated view of its web and print presence.
    At this level, Xara Cloud+ is fairly unique.

You start off simple and build up.
    You could work on a colour scheme and then quote you options for the job(s) in that style.
    As the Customer changes their mind you adjust that and when they look back all you quotations and billings are there in wrapped in their colours.

Clearly Cloud+ is there to evolve into its Team level.
    You don't have a Team but your Customer does and might want to leverage your work, so you end up as Xara's salesman but hopefully are retained as consultant guru.

It is a bigger picture you have to work towards.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks @acorn. Best explanation I’ve heard thus far.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design