Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sorry To bother, but I have a major problem. I had a stroke.

Check out my site at www.newpathwaysconsultants.com
    This was my wife's website and I did the website until I had to the stroke. I want to help out again because i'ts been a long while. I has been a while since I,ve been here since here due to the stroke. It has taken 3 hours to type this.

1. I can't remember how to reduce the size of Fonts.
    2. I don't recall how to save certain information.
    3. I can't remember how to get information so I can read up on this.

I don't know how long it will take before my memory returns, but I will continue trying. I hope someone help me
    get to were I can find Reading Information. I just want to know where to go to get basic information so I want have to bother you wonderful folk. Will someone help. By the way, I got an email about the Retirement. THANK YOU

bob w
    Last edited by Acorn; 11 September 2021 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Corrected Link - txs Egg

Default Re: Sorry To bother, but I have a major problem. I had a stroke.

Hello Bob, so sorry to hear about your stroke and I hope you make quick progress in recovery.

Unfortunately the link you added to your wifes site leads to:

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at
    www.newpathwayconsultants.com

Can you recheck this link please?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Okay, I've managed to find the site, there was an 's' missing in the link:

LINK
    Last edited by Acorn; 11 September 2021 at 04:07 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Bob - That you are able to ask questions is a good start to rehabilitation.

In any Xara menu, click the HELP button for information about that specific menu.

With any tool, including the TEXT Tool press F1 for a menu that explains the function of that tool.

In the HELP menu at the top of the screen, click MOVIES for a list of videos that explain the basic features and functions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	130608  

Info Re: Sorry To bother, but I have a major problem. I had a stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Check out my site at www.newpathwaysconsultants.com
    This was my wife's website and I did the website until I had to the stroke. I want to help out again because i'ts been a long while. I has been a while since I,ve been here since here due to the stroke. It has taken 3 hours to type this.

1. I can't remember how to reduce the size of Fonts.
    Bob, it will be hard but keep working at things and you'll improve.

Handling Font Changes

You select a text block with the Selector Tool and switch to the Text Tool - you can press T or possibly F8.

If you have used Font Paragraph Styles, you then select a word of the Style you want to resize.
    You then do the following:
    • In the top Toolbar, you will have a font size (like 16px).
      • You click in that box and type in another value and then press the Return key.
      • You could just type 14 and Return or 14px and Return.

• With the changed word still highlighted, move to the larger box to the right and click on the Style showing.
      • The Style will now show as Style Name +.
      • The drop down will appear and you pick Update 'Style Name +' to match.

• If you have just used 'Normal' then updating it will change all occurrences to the same, single size.
      • You may have to check everywhere where you have added additional styling (bold, italic, colour, justification).

• You have to do this for all Styles but only the once.

If you have not used any Styles, it is much harder.
    You have three approaches:

1. Create new Styles for the sizes you want and apply them everywhere throughout the design.
    2. Tediously, change each separate text block manually.
    3. Rescale a text block:
      • Say you were 16px and wanted it to be 14px.
      • With a calculator work out 14/16 x 100% is 87.5%.
      • With the Selector Tool, select all the pages Text blocks and in the Scale width (W) or Scale height (H) boxes, type in 87.5 and Return.
      • You will have to reposition text area but that may be a simpler task.

All the best.

Acorn

Bob, you may need to be radical in your thinking and I apologise in raising it as another issue you may have to face but again you might take it as a challenge instead.

The website seems to have 376 different text paragraph styles in use.
    It has used the following fonts: Georgia, Times New Roman, Open Sans, Arial Black, Roberto, Verdana_xr, Impact, Comic Sans MS, Dancing Script, Bodoni MT Black.
    Changing font sizes alone will be quite difficult as it will impact on many other site aspects.
    It is not a challenge I would be comfortable with myself so don't beat yourself up; these things happen to us all.
    It is probably beyond your current capabilities.

It really would be better and easier to rebuild the entire site as the styles across Main and Variant pages are so at odd with each other.
    Last edited by Acorn; 11 September 2021 at 04:07 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello all and thank you for this help you've given me. What a blessing to have folk like you all to help. I am going to keep going because of you and your help. God bless you all.

bob W

Acorn,
    You are right sir. There are too many style fonts I use. So, though it will take me a while, i'll do a new site. Thank you sir.

bob W

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Acorn,
    You are right sir. There are too many style fonts I use. So, though it will take me a while, i'll do a new site. Thank you sir.
    bob W
    Bob, do sing out if you need help.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,
    You are truly a wonderful person. I wanted to say this earlier, but I had a problem finding how to get back to this place. You and everyone who responded to me and my medical condition are so wonderful. Tell me, If I want to stay with my present web site, how do I start changing the TEXT size. I still have not been able to get the text tool up. I know you're busy, so take your time with this which I should know how to do. I'm sorry I have to ask. Thank you so much sir.

bob

Hi Bob,

Perhaps this will help:

VIDEO (watch at Full Screen)
    Egg