Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cool Re: Sorry To bother, but I have a major problem. I had a stroke.

Bob, the fact you have managed to get back is a great achievement!

I do not know what will work for you but as you can type here in TG it seems you should manage well with being able to get to the place where you can edit any text block after Egg's video or by using what was explained earlier.

If it is any easier, you could PM me with your design file and I will make all the changes under your or your Wife's direction.

• TG > Settings > My Messages > Send New Message.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Sorry To bother, but I have a major problem. I had a stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Bob, it will be hard but keep working at things and you'll improve.
    That's for sure I did, I quite understand it taking a very long time to type something does for he too.
    Last edited by Acorn; 30 September 2021 at 05:31 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

This has help in a major way sir. I am so pleased with every person you and every person here for the way you all are so willing to help. I am so thankful you and others.

bob w

Just wanted to add my commiseration and support.
    I too have had a stroke.
    It upset my world.
    I also know from a recent head scan that the arteries are not working there as well as when I was a young man.
    My suggestion is that you persevere with your learning experience (and Xara is a complicated program in my opinion - especially when one digs a little deeper) not just with Xara but other fields that appeal to you. I'm learning to play musical instruments - even had to buy a special plectrum that I could grip it with my right hand when playing guitar.
    I do word puzzles and play complicated games.
    All of this is designed to make my brain work.
    It's difficult - but you will see progress - and that is surely the way forward. That, and trying to avoid the reasons for the stroke - easier written than done.

Egg Bramhill,

Dear Sir, how did you get the website so that you could access the various Fonts, sizes, etc. Eventualy, I want to build a website that's smaller and use fewer Fonts as suggested by Acorn. Thank so very much sir.

bob w

ewraysure,

Thank you sir for your wonderful comments. I had so many people cared. Thank you so much.

bob w

wizard509

Thank you for taking of your special time to comment.

bob w

Dear Sir,
    Thank you for your excellent responses here. Before I had the stroke, I always admired how easily you explained things. I have to admit, I really don't understand how you were able to move text around. I still have problems because I don't how to get to the Fly Out Bar that will enable me to do what you did. I must admit, it has taken me this long to get back to you, because I was ashamed to admit I am this dumb. I am probally not able to explain what I need to do to get to the TexT TooL. Thank you sir so much.

bob w

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    wizard509

Thank you for taking of your special time to comment.

bob w
    Bob,what I had was a form of stroke in March 2002 I had a brain bleed in two places ICU for 3 weeks, much physical therapy and hard work to more or less return to normal like you it takes me forever to type anything, but I try, TG is now and has always been a very special place to me in times of sorrow I would come here and would feel better. My sister was not so lucky, she fell at work and had a brain bleed in 22 places and never regained consciousness before she died.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

@musicmanrobert. This is awesome. I’m taken aback with the help that Robert has received through this group. Robert you’ve come a long way. I help out a friend who had a stroke with his photography skills. He basically couldn’t remember how to use his camera and is back taking pictures with minimal sight in his left eye.
    So glad that the group is helping Robert with his website.
    - Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.