Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default webexport colors (management)

Hi,

i just had to go back to xara 17 to export a website with rgb-colors. See the attached image. Left is xara 17. watch the boys hair and the pink box on the bottom left to see what i mean.

Xara 20.x seems to color-manage the output. Can i set 20.x to use an rgb-profile so i get the same output as Xara 17?

Thank you,

FLy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-07 155916.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	130588  

Default Re: webexport colors (management)

Quote Originally Posted by FLySOLO View Post
    Hi,
    i just had to go back to xara 17 to export a website with rgb-colors. See the attached image. Left is xara 17. watch the boys hair and the pink box on the bottom left to see what i mean.
    Xara 20.x seems to color-manage the output. Can i set 20.x to use an rgb-profile so i get the same output as Xara 17?
    Thank you, FLy
    FLy, if you are using Xara Designer Pro+, it is at version 21.5.0.62826 SL x64 Aug 2 2021 so you should update it.
    There is no Magix version 20.x.

In your v20.x, try Web Properties > Website > Other > untick Include WebP images.

Xara has no colour management for websites, only PDF profiles.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

There is a new feature in the latest release of Pro+ in Show Printer Colors > Show Profiled Colors. This might be what is causing the problem. If this is checked then check Screen Colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sho profiled colors.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	130591  

Question Re: webexport colors (management)

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    There is a new feature in the latest release of Pro+ in Show Printer Colors > Show Profiled Colors. This might be what is causing the problem. If this is checked then check Screen Colors.
    Thanks Gary. I truly searched for "profiles" and "profiled colors" and nothing appeared!

I thought the Show Printer Colours was just for the design page and not the web "output"?
    So I searched in the Design Notes and found:
    Show Printer Colors

The Show Printer Colors option in Window > Show Printer Colors has been replaced with Show Profiled Colors. As the name suggests, in this mode all HSV and RGB colors in your document are processed using the current document’s selected color profile, in the same way as when your document is exported to PDF/X for printing purposes using the same profile. So in this mode the on-screen appearance of these colors should now more closely match how the colors will appear in the PDF. And the colors seen on screen will vary, depending on the color profile used (as set in Utilities > Options > View). Note that this mode does not change the on-screen appearance of any CMYK colors in your document, as these are always displayed by applying the same document color profile.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The colors in Fly Solo's problem image were also muted which suggested either simulated printer colors or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The colors in Fly Solo's problem image were also muted which suggested either simulated printer colors or something similar.
    Which does not impact web output. I have to rely on what the OP stated regarding his "output" and not design display.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    FLy, if you are using Xara Designer Pro+, it is at version 21.5.0.62826 SL x64 Aug 2 2021 so you should update it.
    There is no Magix version 20.x.

In your v20.x, try Web Properties > Website > Other > untick Include WebP images.

Xara has no colour management for websites, only PDF profiles.

Acorn
    Hey Acorn,

i got the latest version of Pro+. I was too lazy to look it up and thought it's about 20.x

I'm a bit buzy at the moment but i'll do some further testing.

But there seems to be some color-management because the same website exports with different colors when you use 17.x or earlier or 21.x.

bb,

FLy

Quote Originally Posted by FLySOLO View Post
    Hey Acorn,
    i got the latest version of Pro+. I was too lazy to look it up and thought it's about 20.x
    I'm a bit buzy at the moment but i'll do some further testing.
    But there seems to be some color-management because the same website exports with different colors when you use 17.x or earlier or 21.x.
    bb,
    FLy
    FLy, when you have the time upload a cutdown version of your work as a XAR file and we'll check it on different versions.

I have tried a design on both XDPXv17.1 and current Pro+ without any difference spotted in a blink test.

Acorn