Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Where is the layer gallery?

Sorry...I am just testing this software out using the trial version. I've looked at the tutorials and I can't seem to find the layer gallery? Is that only available in the paid version?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-06 150824.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	130579

Default Re: Where is the layer gallery?

It is not obvious but you double click the thumb or click the triangle.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Oh, snap! Thanks! They should put that in the tutorial! I feel like an idiot now! Thanks again!

In the tutorial when you pull up "web properties" there is a "mouse over" tab. I can't seem to locate that either? Am I doing something wrong?
    Tutorial:

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-06 155954.jpg 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	130582
    My interface:

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-06 155906.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	130583

Creating a rollover seems like it should be simple but it seems more complicated than the tutorial makes it.
    https://www.magix.com/us/web/xara-we...ials/#c1389034

The MouseOver, MouseOff are in the Layer Gallery. It's a little confusing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page & Layer Gallery.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	130585  

It's very confusing to me...does the image you want to create a rollover for have to be in the mouseoff or mouseover layer to establish it as being able to have a rollover effect applied to it? Does it go into its own layer? The first image I dropped onto my page...it ended up in the mouseoff layer. The second two after that ended up in mouseover. Do they need to be in their own layer?

Sorry...the last time I designed a site was in Adobe Muse and this seems like a good alternative to that but just creating a simple rollover is really frustrating me.

It is better if you can tell us what you are trying to do and then we can give you specific instructions for how to do it.

Info Re: Where is the layer gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by superheroic View Post
    In the tutorial when you pull up "web properties" there is a "mouse over" tab. I can't seem to locate that either? Am I doing something wrong?
    Tutorial:

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-06 155954.jpg 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	130582
    My interface:

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-06 155906.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	130583

Creating a rollover seems like it should be simple but it seems more complicated than the tutorial makes it.
    https://www.magix.com/us/web/xara-we...ials/#c1389034
    superheroic, I imagine the video is for a very old version.

The Mouse-Over tab is now in Utilities > Web Animation > Mouseover.
    If you are there you will have selected an object (MouseOff) and want to perform some web effect to that object.

If you elect to Show pop-up layer, that layer must be something other than MouseOff or MouseOver.
    You create such a layer in the (newly found) Layer view of the Page & Layer gallery.
    A hover will now display the entire selected layer's contents.

On the other hand if you are just after a button rollover, you add another object to the MouseOver layer on top of the MouseOff object.
    The rollover effect requies a large (50%) overlap and a Link on the MouseOff object.

When you drop an object onto the design page it goes into the selected layer (ticked in the Page & Layer gallery).

It really is a fine tool but you have to get to grips with its fundamentals.

Keep plugging and asking.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat