Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: time to renew

Default Re: time to renew

So I upgraded few months back at Magix for $128 Canadian and got the following in addition.

-Coupon for 12 month free usage of the "Website M"web hosting package from Xara Online (value: $23.88).
    -Xara X Builder
    -Xara All Web Templates

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    So I upgraded few months back at Magix for $128 Canadian and got the following in addition.

-[FONT="]Coupon for 12 month free usage of the "Website M"[/FONT]web hosting package from Xara Online (value: $23.88).
    -Xara X Builder
    -Xara All Web Templates
    Good deal. I wish they would bundle that with Pro+
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

I agree the XaraTemplates bundles and the mediocre Website M offer is very attractive and beats all the usual Magix fluff.
    At the moment, there are no bundles packages being offered at all. So now is probably not the time to renew.

If you look at https://www.xara.com/compare-designer-pro/, you see the differences better explained.
    The Magix Update Service is currently US$99 (C$128) or a whopping £109, probably all without tax.
    The telling part is "Access to new features 4 months after release" for the Magix version. More like 6 months and two releaes a year.
    Presently, XPro+ and XDXP are neck and neck for common features.

Xara is now starting out with "Exclusive features"; whatever these might be.

If you have followed TG advice and downloaded locally all your on-line assets then waiting "4 months" until a better offer comes along might not hurt, apart form the nag screens and links.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

just got an email 'from ana' as it happens; new feature in pro+ copy page from one doc to another....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    just got an email 'from ana' as it happens; new feature in pro+ copy page from one doc to another....
    I have too but the features are for Xara Cloud Pro not Pro+.
    The additions are for v100. The most useful one is the Preview addition.
    The 50% LIFETIME discount is no longer being promoted.

Also note the total lack of Xara staff engagement within TG; we've become a backwater!
    @Xara - Rename the Dear Xara... Forum to You're on your Own Forum?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I gathered it was cloud from context, did not make any sense for pro+, the email [unless I missed it] just took it for granted you would know...

@iamtheblues

true enough bob, but some small things like paste replacing selection etc, and not so small like smart groups [are they in ver 5, can't remember], plus up to date PDF import/export are worth it for me

hands up all those who knew soft groups are not just for websites
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    hands up all those who knew soft groups are not just for websites
    A soft-group keeps items together across layers. PDFs can be set to show and hide separate layers so layers and soft-groups go cap in hand.

Acorn

it means you can group things without changing the stacking order, simple as that to me; worth its weight in gold dust
    Nothing lasts forever...

Acorn,

Can you explain a little more about PDF's being set to show and hide separate layers? I thought that if I hide layer in Xara and then made a PDF then that layer was not imported into the PDF. So I am not following how you are doing this.

Thanks
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Acorn,
    Can you explain a little more about PDF's being set to show and hide separate layers? I thought that if I hide layer in Xara and then made a PDF then that layer was not imported into the PDF. So I am not following how you are doing this.
    Thanks Ray
    Ray, Export as a Standard PDF then in Settings > PDF Export Options > Layer untick Exclude Invisible Layers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-09 14.01.19.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	130600

Acorn