Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Image Reveal using SVG Mask Animation

Egg's SVG reveals are worthy (https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-image-reveals) but rely on a lot of coding outside of the XDA.

Rather than a click event to launch, my SVG Mask is kicked off with a hover action.
    Each animation is individually curated, like Egg's, but you can adjust the animation in many ways:
    • The mask is a text character or phrase using any available font.
    • Its start size can be invisible (0px) or it can be displayed small (e.g. © 2021, Fred).
    • Its position is adjustable as it how it grows.
    • The symbol punches a symbol-shaped hole through the mask.
    • The mask can be a solid fill colour, with an opacity, or even a linear gradient.
    • The transition time and style is also flexible.

SVG - Image Masking.xar

Each image has to exist in the design somewhere.
    I placed mine in !Images and made it a pop-up layer so it publishes them.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Image Reveal using SVG Mask Animation

I like the wipe out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I like the wipe out as well.
    Well, it beats Xara's approach.

Thanks.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Egg's SVG reveals are worthy but rely on a lot of coding outside of the XDA.
    I totaly agree Acorn but my idea is to create svg's that are simple for any Xara user to drop in a placholder above any same sized photo and have a generic image transitions, with no need for them to follow the css behind the effect.

I did go through your excellent example and managed to get it working but I have to admit with my very little understanding of css I struggled

And once again the placeholder window shows it's weaknes as adding a symol to the code is no larger than a full-stop (period) and impossible to discern.

LINK
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 06 September 2021 at 02:52 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    And once again the placeholder window shows it's weaknes as adding a symol to the code is no larger than a full-stop (period) and impossible to discern.
    Egg, you had a go and nicely too.

In-line SVGs are a separate object model to the main document but the CSS, which is only styling can still access it through the right selectors.

You cannot discern your added symbol as I set the initial font size to 0px to make it "impossible to see".
    svg#image20 text {
    font-size: 0px;
    transition: 6s ease-out;
    transform: translateY(0) rotate(0);
    font-family: fontawesome;
    }
    The above code is simply saying make the 'fontawesome' symbol very small.

The pseudo-selector :hover tells the symbol what it is to become in its 6-second transition period:
    svg#image20:hover text {
    transition: 6s ease-in;
    transform: translateY(0px) rotate(360deg);
    font-size: 1000px;
    }

Grow big to 1,000px and spin round clockwise once.

I left the transforms and translates in place in both the initial and the :hover so it would be easy to experiment.

Acorn

Hi Acorn, maybe I'm misunderstanding you but surely the size of the font shouldn't effect the view of the placeholder code???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	130573  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I would have expected the placeholder code to look like below, where the Firefox symbol is reasonably viewable?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	130574  
    Egg

Egg, my sincerest apologies. I now get what you're saying. I only played with some FA symbols and they showed.
    I imagine the Xara text box cannot handle extended character sets.

Aeons ago, I suggested using TinyMCE to allow rich text formatting.
    I work with Notepad++ and copy & paste in as otherwise the experience is dire.

Acorn

I liked that Egg even though you struggled you did great.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.