Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default importing PDF font issue

Hi all

Hopefully this is something you can help with. I'm importing a PDF. Its using Roboto fonts. So Xara says you do not have fonts installed.... Its calling the fonts PDF-ROBOTO-BOLD etc

I installed Roboto and tried again. No luck, still the same message. The issue is the substituted font is not right and I want it to match as per the PDF.

Any way to either replace all fonts with my font without going through every line or some other way to get it to use Roboto Bold and not require the PDF-ROBOTO BOLD

Thanks

Tim

Default Re: importing PDF font issue

Tim, I can but assume you are using v18.5 or Pro+.

This detail might apply: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/des...Anchor:58aQ4E3.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by TimBox View Post
    Hi all

Hopefully this is something you can help with. I'm importing a PDF. Its using Roboto fonts. So Xara says you do not have fonts installed.... Its calling the fonts PDF-ROBOTO-BOLD etc

I installed Roboto and tried again. No luck, still the same message. The issue is the substituted font is not right and I want it to match as per the PDF.

Any way to either replace all fonts with my font without going through every line or some other way to get it to use Roboto Bold and not require the PDF-ROBOTO BOLD

Thanks

Tim
    https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto#standard-styles

I'm not certain I have/had the font already installed, but the PDF part stumps me

Roboto.zip

Hope this is legal and helps, this should be the font and not a PDF, is this what you need?
    Last edited by wizard509; 03 September 2021 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added more text
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks

I am on the latest version but it failed to offer to replace all the fonts. I do not need to add text to the file so even if it just used the included it would be fine.

Is there a a way to replace fonts globally? So when it is using PDF-REBOTO-xx I can replace it with the actual Reboto font?

EDIT

OK I see now how to force it to replace the font. Just alter the text and it asks you.
    Last edited by TimBox; 03 September 2021 at 06:29 PM. Reason: New information

Good glad you got it sorted.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I have had this happen in the past also.

What I don't understand is if I have the font installed on my machine then why does it not recognize this. Xara by calling it PDF "font" then it does not think you have the font. Even with a PDF that I have made with Xara, I will still get this PDF "font" not installed. Even though it is on my machine and was used to make the PDF.

Ray

Unless I did it wrong I tried it and had no issues using Xara 18.5.0.62892 try embedding the font and see if that helps..
    Larry a.k.a wizard509