Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Menu and icon links not working

Can someone please check out http://www.logostore.co.za on a cell or tablet and tell me if the menu and icon links work.
    I've been on this problem for nearly 10 hrs and am desperate. When I preview the site in XDPX all works as expected. There's a white strip at the top which is sticky and the menu and icons are on top of this - they are also sticky.
    When I publish the site, the menu and icon links are dead - nothing happens!!!
    I've attached only the 1st 2 "pages" (it's a scrolling website) - can someone please find out the problem.
    Many thanks,
    Mike

Stand by - the nav bar is no longer a nav bar!
    Fixed that but still doesn't work - icons also
    Last edited by Acorn; 04 September 2021 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Example file removed

Default Re: Menu and icon links not working

I didn't try it on a mobile phone or tablet but the site is all garbled on my desktop. When I narrow the browser, the mobile variant shows but is equally garbled. Way down the site, I get the message 'Oops! That page can't be found.' So, something is wrong on the server. Perhaps good to clean out the server folder and then re-upload.

Thanks Boy - yeah, I've been making changes trying to fix it... so sorry about that.
    If you preview the file in Xara, is it OK?

If you turn off export "scroll" and export as "website" your links appear to work || home page and dummy page.xar

You have set your page length to 8577px which is not necessary; it only needs to be the length of your content on each page, even if you are using "scroll"

I've not explored why scroll causes this conflict on your site, but it works when you export as website.

Gary

When I publish the site with all pages (so, including the 404 page) the menu doesn't work but when I only publish the main page, it works. Don't know what the issue is but at least you know that there's something wrong with that second page.

Thanks for the feedback Initiostar and Boy - will look at that.

I basically rebuilt the top nav panel 1 step at a time and tested every time! All good but 1 small problem - under the Home flyout there are links to pdf files on other (new) pages.
    I'm getting an error message - not working - to many redirects.
    Will this sort itself out over time? - I have re-published the site dozens of times...

Seems to work fine now LGF. At least I don't see any issue during a quick check. One thing I noticed is that you might want to give a title to your website; now it says 'Index'.

Is there a reason your text and buttons are so large? It's seems inelegant to me.

LGF, your attached .xar file has all the url export details included plus the password! I'd recommend you ask a mod to remove it asap.

It also looks like you have all your content on a single page. Is this correct?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host