Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default svg-image-reveals

I've been experimenting with creating animated svg's to reveal an underlaying image. Here is my progress at present.

The svg's about 30Kb in size and overlays any image to reveal it. It's just a mater of placing an image on your page and overlaying it with a reveal svg (both need to be adjusted to the same size).

The svg's must match the page background colour (flat of course) and whilst the svg's are currently set to a white background it is very simple to edit the svg in notepad or notepad++ to change this value.

If anyone is interested in using this idea please let me know and I'll explain further.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: svg-image-reveals

Great, good job.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

Super !

i like the twist most.
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Love Swash B2T and 3 Shape Reveal

Is that the ship you served on?

What if you started with wiping on the image inside the name of the ship then wiped out to expose the entire image?

I've added a few more animations. LINK

Is that the ship you served on?
    No Gary, it's a Norwegian coastal steamer with a lot of class which modern ships lack totally these days.

What if you started with wiping on the image inside the name of the ship then wiped out to expose the entire image?
    Yes that would be possible but I'm trying to create generic animated svg's that anyone can download and use above there own images ;-)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

These are so cool. Love all the new ones.

I really like the fans; clean and simple with no eye confusion
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Fantastic anims Egg.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Egg, a lot of work in these.
    I assume SVGator still has your attention.

I have tried a different tack (nautical pun), using SVG Masking.
    SVG - Row row row your Boat.xar

The code is a bit more tractable in that you can alter the letters to any word or phrase or symbol, change the hover transition and the mask overlay colour.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the commenys peeps. I'll get back further but here's a video (Oh God no, not another egg's video!)
    Egg