Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Default V18.5 Update Issue

Some days ago I received the request to update to v18.5x along with the really weird key re-entry request; however that's wasn't an issue.

What is, is my never failing Zaccordion 1 slideshow widget. After the update, when editing the widget everything works as advertised... however, when saving only the first frame of the widget now takes up the entire space of the widget and when previewed, over & underlays vertically a good portion of the website homepage.

Thinking this may be a site revision glitch I reverted to two backups previous (prior update). Same result.

There doesn't appear to be a repair module built into the Windows version. Anyway to roll it back to pre-update... or do I have to re-install sans 18.5x? Of course the core question is; Is this a bug?

Really need a solution as next site update due Sep 2 ± a day.

Thank you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara sample 01.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	130517 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara sample 02.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	130518

Info Re: V18.5 Update Issue

I do not have XDPX or XWDP v18.5 but use XPro+.

This is a long shot.

It appears Xara has finally updated the jQuery library it packages with these widgets.
    It has been moribund at v1.11.0 when the image widgets were first introduced.

If I now add the special Name, UsesJQuery to a box, the Preview now loads in jQuery v3.6.0.
    I am assuming that Xara has updates the image widgets to run under jQuery v3.6.0 as before, many failed.

In your situation, and countless others, you now have to Import the "updated" Z Accordion 1 and rework your images into the new widget version.

Its Local Gallery cache detail has changed form:
    • # Folder Revision:52119

to
    • # Folder Revision:62524 (as at 24 June 2021 for me).

Open a new design.
    Import Z Accordion 1 and Preview.
    If it runs, copy you r images into it.
    If it runs, copy it onto the failing on and test in your full design.

It is good if Xara now is bundling jQuery v3.6.0.
    It is bad Xara has not advised it has.
    It is good that the widgets seem to run under the latest jQuery.
    If is bad that this potentially affects a large number of customers and a large number of websites.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: V18.5 Update Issue

The Z Accordion 1 widget from Local Designs loads correctly in v18.5 and works as expected. However, if I revert to using v17.0, load a widget, add some photos, save the XAR, then open it in v18.5, it fails.

The simple fix (somewhat bizarre) is to load another copy of the widget into your layout; the original widget then starts behaving as you intended. Then, delete your second widget and all is well: Accordian_Test.xar

I'll not even try to explain! When I looked at the source v17 vs v18, the generated output is different. It looks like other widgets now work with jQuery 3.6, but there is a Xara fix somewhere in the background. Some widgets created in v17 do work in v18 though, and v18 widgets look to be backward compatible.

Poor from Xara not to explain what has been done.

Gary

BTW the size changes which one needs to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    The Z Accordion 1 widget from Local Designs loads correctly in v18.5 and works as expected. However, if I revert to using v17.0, load a widget, add some photos, save the XAR, then open it in v18.5, it fails.

The simple fix (somewhat bizarre) is to load another copy of the widget into your layout; the original widget then starts behaving as you intended. Then, delete your second widget and all is well: Accordian_Test.xar

I'll not even try to explain! When I looked at the source v17 vs v18, the generated output is different. It looks like other widgets now work with jQuery 3.6, but there is a Xara fix somewhere in the background. Some widgets created in v17 do work in v18 though, and v18 widgets look to be backward compatible.

Poor from Xara not to explain what has been done.

Gary

BTW the size changes which one needs to adjust.
    Gary, thanks for proving my analysis.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Thanks to Acorn and Gary. Acorn, did as you suggested and yes, it did play properly. Then I followed Gary's suggestion... also successful; however with some weirdities when in Z Accordion 1 stand-alone preview. Finally decided to leave the latest version and remove the original.

Life as I know it is once again aligned and all is well.

I believe we can call this topic "closed."

Randy