Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Street Rod

This image was inspired by a photo of my step father's hotrod. I wanted to draw it in the computer. At the time, this image requires every bit of knowledge I had about xara (which isn't saying much)

The overall look I think is okay but the looking at it now, with the knowledge Ihave now, I see lots of mistakes. However, I thought I would post this, give the fact that I'm still proud of it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Madalynne Crowe

www.hondamod2.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-hotrod-97.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	16461  
    -Madalynne-

This image was inspired by a photo of my step father's hotrod. I wanted to draw it in the computer. At the time, this image requires every bit of knowledge I had about xara (which isn't saying much)

The overall look I think is okay but the looking at it now, with the knowledge Ihave now, I see lots of mistakes. However, I thought I would post this, give the fact that I'm still proud of it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Madalynne Crowe

www.hondamod2.com
    -Madalynne-

Cool hotrod!!! I bet that was a fun one to take for a spin too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

very nice indeed!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Not much into cars but when I see a car done in Xara it's a real experience and astounds me at all the detail I see. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

There may be mistakes but it sure is a nice image!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Keep at it!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

indeed, Mandalynne!

I enjoyed your "dog racing" illustration also - The lines of the "dog" would look really cool as a plain old fat ink line too. I like that!

Thanks for sharing your work - it is very enjoyable! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Love the rod, something about the left front wheel seems amiss, but sooo much more than I can do. I also noticed that your a racecar driver. I grew up around racing, never did it myself but my father was a mechanic and we towed the car from track to track, once you get the sound and smells in your head your hooked for life.
    Look forward to your next post!!

Tim: Yes, the left front wheel is one of the areas containing a mistake that I had meantioned. There are a few others as well, but I'll keep them a mystery for those that like 'em. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] As for racing, yes I do race, just about every weekend. The smell of fuel, warm brakes, tires wear are icing on the cake of Speed. Taking that high speed turn so fast that you think you are going to fly right of the edge of the track and yet some how you make it stick...there is no better rush. ..except for sex. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Madalynne Crowe

www.hondamod2.com
    -Madalynne-