Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation bar problem

On my web site have a navigation bar which has been working OK, needed to add pages and did other editing saved then tested, I can select a tab it goes to the page then clicking on any tabs nothing works. I cannot see any problems with the Navigation properties window.
    Any suggestion please.
    Using DP 18.5 on W10
    Peter

Default Re: Navigation bar problem

Can you post a link or save and upload a page?

Peer, if you did not set up the NavBar to repeat on all pages then the jumped=to page knows nothing of the new NavBar.

Copy the correct NavBar.
    Delete all other copies then Paste in Place and set to Repeat on all pages.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It has been set to repeat, used many times in creating web sites over the last 15 years eg.
    http://www.users.on.net/~pprewett/pe...ling/index.htm
    Many people at the shed have visited and made comments and suggestions, is only temporary and involving and has been uploaded hundreds of times started as a 1 page now 20 odd in fact was working on umpteenth! edition that day all worked OK then failed.
    This it the one I am working on at the moment.
    http://www.users.on.net/~pprewett/ThurgoonaMensShed/
    Peter

Peter

The buttons work for me.

Two observations. Give your home page a name that represents your site that is something other than index. Index is the file name, but it should not be the Page Name.

Second thought, Comic Sans was created to mimic comic book lettering. It is not a serious or professional looking font. Use a simple but readable font, one that does not detract from your message by drawing attention to itself.

Thanks for help.
    The nav bar yesterday no way would it do so, rebooted computer yes it does, that's computers for you.
    'Index' name I was told had to be used as hosting is on my ISP who provide a free area, at the moment have near 10 web sites located their if I change no longer works.
    This web site was just set up for me to work on under lockdown, it will be hosted and named properly most likely on Wordpress with another person taking over.
    Fonts and design will change some people hate it but others like it chosen because:-
    'But did you know that it is the most helpful font for dyslexia patients and is the sole friend of visually impaired individuals?'
    It does have problems as well, spaces are difficult when line wrapping.
    Thanks again.
    Peter

Peter - I did not know that at dyslexics and the comic font.

The page File Name and the Page Title are two entirely different things.

Yes, the File Name for your home page should be index. The browser automatically searches for and loads the index page when someone keys in the URL for your site.

The Page Tile is used by search engines to identify your site and it also appears in the browser tab.

And as someone who is himself dyslexic, as we always say: Dyslexics of the World Untie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page-title.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	130520  

Thanks'
    Peter