Default WebP

So how do I access this feature?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	130494

Default Re: WebP

Ok so I found out that you can export a WebP and then import it. But what good is it, if when outputting the whole site creates jpgs out of the WebP format?

Info Re: WebP

behzad, you should /ask of/demand from/ Xara the Release Notes.

Basically, you now have:
    1. Web Properties > Website > Other > Include WebP images.
    2. Web Properties > Image > Web images type > Untick Let XPA choose automatically to force PNG/JPEG.
    3. File Export > WebP as you have found for individual image exports.
    4. Automatic WebP Import that then follows Rules 1 to 3.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

What would I do without you. Where can all this info be found. I do not think the pdf is updated.
    Also I can not untick (2)

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    What would I do without you. Where can all this info be found. I do not think the pdf is updated.
    Also I can not untick (2)
    You untick by ticking one of the others.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Ok so I found out that you can export a WebP and then import it. But what good is it, if when outputting the whole site creates jpgs out of the WebP format?
    I've been reading the release notes for 18.5 (Initiostar gave the links in this thread: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...484#post640484) and testing the directions for use of WebP on one of my websites. In order to have all images exported as WebP, you only have to tick Web Properties/Website/Include WebP images. At the same time all pictures will also be exported as JPEGs/PNGs to allow older browsers to show them. WebP images will not be downloaded by those browsers, preventing any slowdown. So, you don't have to change the settings under Web Properties/Image/Web image type.

Added: This is an important new feature.

Thank you Boy, that is good to know.

Yes, that is good to know, Boy. Thanks.