Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Update service pop-up

How can I make the "Renew your Update Service today" pop-up disappear? It comes up EVERY time I open Xara AND I renewed my update plan months ago.

Default Re: Update service pop-up

probably the best solution is ignore it by thinking of it as one of the clicks required to open the program; some programs take a lot more than xara

and remind yourself that at least the magix product is not subscription - although there are signs that may one day change

there are threads here that give ways round it - I used to block the program in firewall, but then I did not use the OCC

now I subscribe to pro+ - it is several months yet to my renewal of that, but I am minded to revert back to an old version of xara that predates the update service; there is nothing added to the later versions of xara for me that is not covered by affinity, and affinity updates are [currently] free; and there are quite a few things in the latest versions of pro+ that get in the way of my workflow.. a lot more than a pop up did
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi

I was fed up with the popup and tried many suggestions for getting rid of it but none of them worked permanently. I eventually changed to Pro+ but only after they had badgered me into Renewing my Update Service for Pro X to 15 months hence (a mistake I made which I'm paying for). Now I'm getting emails from Ana (who?) which suggest Magix is shifting to subscriptions services. You can't win - they'll get your money one way or another.

Ian

ana is xara not magix and emails in respect of pro+ and cloud which are subscription
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ana is xara not magix and emails in respect of pro+ and cloud which are subscription
    Thanks for the clarification. The Magix/Xara relationship and branding can be rather confusing to say the least to those of us who have not followed their commercial relationships over the years.

I've never been happy with the Xara/Magix relationship. I was always very happy with Xara and with their service, I'm afraid I can't say the same about Magix.