Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Update Xara Designer Pro 18.5.0.62892

These issues are listed as having been addressed in update XDP 18.5.0.62892:

Fixed an issue that caused list items have wrong font size after outdent of the line above.

Fixed an issue that caused the button pallete to fail to render the controls.
    Fixed an issue that caused text to appear pixelated when inactivate in dialogs.
    Reliability improvements when importing AI files.
    Reliability improvements when publishing websites to Xara hosting.
    Fixed an issue that caused videos to be misplaced when placed on a pop-up layer.
    Fixed an error when clicking on replace with symbol from list properties dialog.
    Improvements to Word import and export
    Added color profile support
    Added advanced locking for Xara cloud documents
    Added open graph support
    Added WebP import and export support
    Google fonts library updated with 21+ new fonts

Default Re: Update Xara Designer Pro 18.5.0.62892

I cannot remember that you have to re-enter the serial number upon updating to have the app activated again.

I cannot remember Xara failing to notify Customers of an update.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

maybe xara only do that now for pro+/cloud ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I cannot remember Xara failing to notify Customers of an update.

Acorn
    Perhaps they didn't notify us because the changes are quite underwhelming for a .5 update.

FWIW I recieved a popup that a new version v18.5 was available, clicked on the link and the update was applied to the v18.0 install. The licence dialogue box then appeared (trial version expired) and requested an SN.

My only explanation for this behavior is this: my Magix update service expired with v17.0, I installed the v18.0 trial which I subsequently purchased; there are 3 related records on my Magix account - Xara Designer Pro X365 (update service expired has v17.0 available for download), Xara Designer Pro X (18) Trial & Xara Designer Pro X365 (with a different SN to the other 365 licence). So it appears, if your original Xara 365 update expires and you renew it, the old licence stays in situ and you receive a new SN. My guess is becuase my original v18 install was a trial, I keep receiving v18 popup promo deals even after I purchased v18. So admin thinks this is an upgrade from the trial licence, which has expired and requests a valid SN.

Clearly, some licence admin has gone AWOL in the background. Maybe now Magix's admin will recognise I have a valid v18 install.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    My guess is becuase my original v18 install was a trial, I keep receiving v18 popup promo deals even after I purchased v18.
    I have had no trial installations of XDP 18 and also get kept getting these endless update-to-XDP18 messages. Actually, after this 18.5 update, it seems these messages have stopped. I closed and opened the app a number of times but we'll see in the days coming if this stays this way.

I bought a new XDP 18 license - my old XDP 15 has been out for over a year. So I was surprised that the new XPD 18 installation - a week old - offered an upgrade to version 18 and required a serial number again. I did not install any trial version but directly installed from an e-mail from Magix.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

@Boy, these are not really Release Notes as MagiXara should be publishing them in https://www.xara.com/eu/designer-pro/whats-new/ and XDPX is still only v18.0.

I have no concerns over v18.5 changes as I am using Pro+ but without validated detail supporting other TG members becomes far harder.

It is not your grief either, just a poor showing from the companies.

My best guess is everything listed in the above link back to March 2021 ought to now be in XDPX v18.5.
    If so, the changes are quite substantial reading the Pro+ release Notes form page 18 on: http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/des...Anchor:58sc7Bm.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You confuse me, Acorn. Which changes that are listed in the March update for Pro+ are substantial? By the way, Smart Duplication was already in version 18.0.