Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Update error XDP 18

Today the update jumped to XDP 18.
    After the update, I was forced to re-enter the serial number for the program.
    Is there any news or bug in Magix?

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

Default Re: Update error XDP 18

if the update went from version 17 to version 18 you would need to re activate the program I think

for some reason magix have decided to release version 18 under the update service, rather than as a seperate purchase... some threads about it on TG
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

This is a new installation of XDP 18, which I bought a few days ago. I would understand in a big update from 17 to 18.
    But requiring a serial number in a regular update of version 18 is a bit too much.
    The Magix policy is very annoying to me when every XDP 15 launch requires me to upgrade and informs me that my subscription has expired.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

Hi,

Your first message is a little confusing, implying that you received an upgrade from 17 to 18.

Just to confirm, you installed and activated XDP18 a couple of days ago, and then you received an update notification (patch) which you downloaded and installed (automatically). Then, the box popped up for the email and serial number. I'm surprised that you had to re-enter the serial number. Normally, the SN shows up with your email address by default when you install a patch, and you just accept it. It is a form of validation, that is all.

Is this what happened?

Or, this is the first installation of XDPX18 and the SN box was empty. If so then that is normal because you would have received a new SN and the program doesn't know what it is.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I have Pro v18.0.0.616142 installed and received a popup today saying v18.5.0.62892 was available (somewhat confusingly suggesting it was a separate install which it is not if you have v18.0, but is if you have v17 backwards).

Installed as expected, but then asked for the serial number (which I had to look up on my Magix account). Put the serial number in and all is fine. Didn't suprise me becuase I have been inudated with popups to upgrade to v18 when I already had it.

Anyway - all is well, v16.3 and v17.0 remain active (and avaiable to download too).

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I have Pro v18.0.0.616142 installed and received a popup today saying v18.5.0.62892 was available (somewhat confusingly suggesting it was a separate install which it is not if you have v18.0, but is if you have v17 backwards).

Installed as expected, but then asked for the serial number (which I had to look up on my Magix account). Put the serial number in and all is fine. Didn't suprise me becuase I have been inudated with popups to upgrade to v18 when I already had it.

Anyway - all is well, v16.3 and v17.0 remain active (and avaiable to download too).
    That is quite interesting that Magix has skipped four sub-version to v18.5.0.62892.
    Xara Designer Pro+ is only 21.5.0.62826 SL x64 Aug 2 2021. Normally, this would suggest XDPX v18.5 is actually ahead of XPro+.

Both have probably found rolling out the latest version is a lot cheaper when they keep the sub-versions aligned. It also indicates Magix are wedded to biannual updates.

@Spamiky - do check that your registered version (as you installed today) is v18.5 otherwise you might find you will be rolled back to v18.0 when you re-install outside of the Update Service cover. Registered is not the same as installed.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

This is the latest I see with v18.5.

<meta name="Generator" content="Xara HTML filter v.9.7.0.65">

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v18.5.PNG 
Views:	65 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	130484

Gary

Mine updated to the latest, see my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Hi,

Your first message is a little confusing, implying that you received an upgrade from 17 to 18.

Just to confirm, you installed and activated XDP18 a couple of days ago, and then you received an update notification (patch) which you downloaded and installed (automatically). Then, the box popped up for the email and serial number. I'm surprised that you had to re-enter the serial number. Normally, the SN shows up with your email address by default when you install a patch, and you just accept it. It is a form of validation, that is all.

Is this what happened?

Or, this is the first installation of XDPX18 and the SN box was empty. If so then that is normal because you would have received a new SN and the program doesn't know what it is.
    Same problem today. The problem I have is I lost the information emailed initially to me. I assumed they would have the information on my account. No they did not? How do I go about getting the email resent?

the activation information should be in your magix account - but sometimes [not sure why, john may know] you need to register the product; you will be prompted to do this, but if you didn't then the info will not be there

if you cannot get the info you will need to ask magix for help - you will need access to the email account you used when you purchased so that they can verify
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...