Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vertical Nav Bar issue

I designed my page for the NAV Bar to be Page Left. I altered the Text to match the font I'm using for Heading 3. Got the text lines centered in the left column.. go to set up Nav Bar links and names. and fail.. No matter how many times I change the names to Home, About, Product and CART. It always goes back to one of them ie CART CART CART CART.. and the link to the page also repeats.

Ugh, what am I missing. I opened the Nav Bar to edit, still doesn't work.. took off the automatic copy, still repeats.. I need to figure this out.. Because the next step is on the mobile variant to use the multiple line graphic for the Nav bar.. At this point, I'm going to go bald pulling my hair out.

Default Re: Vertical Nav Bar issue

Could you upload the .web, or at least a page or two?

so this is what's happeningClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-08-21.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	130467
    and somehow I lost it in preview along with the logo..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-08-21 (1).jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	130468

mobile side looks to be fine, except I have to figure out how to make it a popup from the Navigation icon..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-08-21 (2).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	130469

Ah, Chris is sleeping at the moment since this is what people in Australia do while some of us are awake.

Not sure if this is what his happening, but if you need to change the name on the button, you need to double click on the nav bar to open the Navigation Bar Properties menu. (See my attachment)

Now click twice on the page name under the Button and Menu column and then you can change the name for that button.

You change the names on the buttons in the Navigation Bar Properties menu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nav Bar Properties.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	130472  

None of which helps progress your problem.

Are you making the menu items as text and then converting to a NavBar?
    If you are, the text has to be a Text Line that is Grouped with a shape.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It was a Nav Bar originally where I ungrouped to move from horizontal to vertical. Then made a header named Nav Bar with the font I wanted and size then use it over the original font to change it. Then I regrouped and made back into a Nav bar. From, there I went into the properties menu for the Nav Bar and changed the names.. However, no matter how many times I change it, it makes all the buttons the same. I'm not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Kelticmaid View Post
    It was a Nav Bar originally where I ungrouped to move from horizontal to vertical. Then made a header named Nav Bar with the font I wanted and size then use it over the original font to change it. Then I regrouped and made back into a Nav bar. From, there I went into the properties menu for the Nav Bar and changed the names.. However, no matter how many times I change it, it makes all the buttons the same. I'm not sure
    Xara NavBars come with an option to switch form H to V without ungrouping.
    perhaps you can try that.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

And to address the disappearance of objects in preview. Is the menu bar off the page?

Objects behave differently if they on/off page, stiky, grouped etc. Working on the theory that a picture paints a thousand words...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P 1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	130480 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P 2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	130481

The blue rectangle has to be grouped to make the text show. I don't think this will be an issue with a Xara Navbar though as they are automatically grouped I believe.

okay, I deleted the Nav bar and inserted a new bar, dis the same edit as before, where it required me to ungroup to edit the font and background color of buttons. Then regrouped as "create Nav bar" and not group. As to not seeing them. On the working copy, I don't have any graphics off the page, however when it loads the sidebar is above on the main. I remember making a white block so that the text could run under the sidebar. But I haven't been able to "grasp" anything.. ( found it on another page.. err) I need it on the mobile site because of the transparency of the logo but not with sidebar, since I'm not putting any graphics below... Now is there any way to change the greyed out button of the Nav bar when the site is on that page... Did I miss something in the navbar group?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-08-21 (3).jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	130482
    Last edited by Kelticmaid; 22 August 2021 at 01:36 AM. Reason: added to post