Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default MouseOVER and MouseOff inside an existing layer?

Hi Everybody,

I'm stumbling around over this.

I have a page that involves several PopUp layers. Each of these PopUp (1 through 6) layers will contain a different simple form. Each form will need to display a "SUBMIT" and a "RESET" button and I would like to manage those buttons with MouseOVER and MouseOff behaviour. How do I create these kinds of layers inside an existing layer?

The Layer Gallery would have to look like this:

4 Comment Page
    > Comments (PopUp Layer)
    Text Line
    Rectangle
    >MouseOVER
    >MouseOff
    > MouseOVER
    > MouseOff
    > Page background
    > Pasteboard background

The issue I seem to have is that Web Designer will not allow a New-Layer containing any elements to be added to an existing named layer.

So...am I gonna get away with this?

Many thanks,

Paul
    Last edited by Paul Bruneau; 21 August 2021 at 03:32 AM.

Default Re: MouseOVER and MouseOff inside an existing layer?

I got got up so my brain is still a bit foggy, but if you want to have mouseovers on a layer, then for each layer the mouseover layer needs to have a different name: So for the first layer, mouseiver-1, then for the next layer mouseover-2, and so forth. Is this what you are trying to do?

Info Re: MouseOVER and MouseOff inside an existing layer?

Typically a form has its own buttons so you code them to display with effects.

Your form layer is named Form. This holds the form and the MOff part of the button. You then have a MouseOver Form layer above.

I find that all too messy so I just set the MouseOver colour for the text with a box behind.

Best of all just create a CSS button on layer Form.
    I have described how these work in TG many times.

Acorn

MouseDown Form
    MouseOver Form
    Form
    MouseDown
    MouseOver
    MouseOff

P.S. You cannot drop a Xara-button into the Form layers.
    They always land in MOff/MOver.
    You have to remove the Soft-group, move objects to the required layers and reapply Soft-group.
    Last edited by Acorn; 21 August 2021 at 12:47 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat