Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Canonical tags

Default Canonical tags

The online documentation reads:

A <link rel=canonical> is now automatically applied to the <head> of your web page when you publish to Xara Hosting / MAGIX Online World. If you are publishing to Other Web Host, enter the URL you want set as canonical in the Website URL field
    I am not sure how to do this with my own web host.

Default Re: Canonical tags

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The online documentation reads:
    I am not sure how to do this with my own web host.
    You should have been doing this step already when ensuring you got xara to generate a sitemap.

The step is Web Properties > Publish > Other web host (via FTP) > Other web host settings > Publish details > Website URL.

I have no idea how to set up <link rel=canonical> if you use another sitemap generator, other than manually in Website > HTML Code (head): <link rel="canonical" href="https://www.talkgraphics.com/" />

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Well if you and I don't know how to do this then maybe Xara needs to provide more explanation?

And if this happens automatically when publishing to Xara.Hosting or magic whatever, then this means that every time I publish a new pattern or some other page to xara.hosting that it creates a new canonical link?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Well if you and I don't know how to do this then maybe Xara needs to provide more explanation?

And if this happens automatically when publishing to Xara.Hosting or magic whatever, then this means that every time I publish a new pattern or some other page to xara.hosting that it creates a new canonical link?
    If you are creating a new sub-site, yes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, the only thing I publish to xara.hosting is sub sites. There is an original page but I did it years ago to demonstrate some web features, I think.