Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FTP error: Timeout was reached

Hello group!

Today I made some updates to my website and when I published it as I did so many times before a dialog box popped up and said "FTP error: Timeout was reached." Does anyone know a workaround for this problem? About a month ago I change my Internet service and I have a new router. Thank you.

Default Re: FTP error: Timeout was reached

It's fixed! I changed the Post Settings to FTPS. Everything is good now.

Good glad you got it fixed.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I am having the same issue - but i dont know how to fix it - it seems like its not even trying to upload anthing

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Terrier View Post
    I am having the same issue - but i dont know how to fix it - it seems like its not even trying to upload anthing
    Jack, have you ever managed to publish anything from your version or earlier?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Jack, have you ever managed to publish anything from your version or earlier?

Acorn
    Yes i have but its been a long time since i have published anything to my website i have never had issues before

Yes i have but its been a long time since i have published anything to my website i have never had issues before
    Jack, in the time between, technology has advanced and Xara has three communication modes. The original was just FTP so you probably have to try one of the other two. Web Properties > Publish > Other web host > Connect using: FTPS or SFTP.

If you have the right credentials and address/subfolder, you can then check for success with clicking the Explore web space button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Jack, in the time between, technology has advanced and Xara has three communication modes. The original was just FTP so you probably have to try one of the other two. Web Properties > Publish > Other web host > Connect using: FTPS or SFTP.

If you have the right credentials and address/subfolder, you can then check for success with clicking the Explore web space button.

Acorn
    I have the latest version of Xara its been a year since i last used it - i have tried what you said it still times out

I have the latest version of Xara its been a year since i last used it - i have tried what you said it still times out
    Jack, create a one-page test design and try to publish that to a test sub-folder.

Acorn

Jack, create a one-page test design and try to publish that to a test sub-folder.

Acorn
    Interestingly it works if i use FTP
    Apparently FTPS is not compatible i will look more into it tomorro i have a headache now - thanks for your help