Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: FTP error: Timeout was reached

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Terrier View Post
    Interestingly it works if i use FTP
    Apparently FTPS is not compatible i will look more into it tomorro i have a headache now - thanks for your help
    Jack, that's a start.
    You have to check what your provider requires. It will probably use a different Port number.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Jack, in the time between, technology has advanced and Xara has three communication modes. The original was just FTP so you probably have to try one of the other two. Web Properties > Publish > Other web host > Connect using: FTPS or SFTP.

If you have the right credentials and address/subfolder, you can then check for success with clicking the Explore web space button.

Acorn
    I began having similar issues last week. I tried ending and reloading Web Designer; worked once or twice, then restarting Windows; worked once or twice. Following your advice (excellent, BTW), I changed protocol to FTPS (didn't work), then to SFTP, which works. Thank you!

Seems like Xara could give us a heads-up about these things. I'm using Premium 17, but only a few times a year. Do you advise upgrading to 18, or changing to Cloud or another Xara product?

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    Do you advise upgrading to 18, or changing to Cloud or another Xara product?
    No, keep using v17 until you have a need to upgrade. Even then, download a trial first and build with that. If, at that point, you find you must have the later version, upgrade.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    No, keep using v17 until you have a need to upgrade. Even then, download a trial first and build with that. If, at that point, you find you must have the later version, upgrade.

Acorn
    Much appreciated!