Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Experimental replacement for Xara Hover 3

This mostly works. Happy for others to contribute...

As in the Xara Hover Widget Successor, I have use the z-index to bring the text to the top so the Link is not covered up.

CSS - Hover Widget 3 Successor.xar

I don't like the concept much but I suppose you could use it for a fancy NavBar reveal.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Experimental replacement for Xara Hover 3

It has a very unpleasant juddery effect Acorn.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    It has a very unpleasant juddery effect Acorn.
    Hence experimental Egg.

I have been trying to avoid complexity by not using JavaScript while fighting within Xara's constraints.

I am not claiming these are definitive, just hoping to bounce ideas around.
    And tweak Xara.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not a complaint, just an observation Acorn. I'm in no position to better your css.
    ... just hoping to bounce ideas around.
    Certainly bouncing.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Not a complaint, just an observation Acorn. I'm in no position to better your css.
    Certainly bouncing.
    Egg, I appreciate it is a precarious position for you to be in, considering your ancestor's plight on the wall incident.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wpc80bc267_05_06.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	130453
    Acorns are tougher nuts to crack, facing all the elements, day and night.

If you replace the CSS Code (transition: 1200ms with transition: 1200ms ease; OR transition: 1200ms ease-in-out;, the jitters are greatly reduced.
    A modified ease-in-out of transition: 1200ms cubic-bezier(0.8,0,0.58,1); seems to work the best.

Acorn

Egg, I appreciate it is a precarious position for you to be in, considering your ancestor's plight on the wall incident.
    Acorn, it could be either my name you're refering to or my close location to the original Humpty-Dumpty which was a canon on the walls of Colchester (not far up the road from me) which was toppled off the wall in the civil war 1648.
    Egg