Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to make a popup once per session?

Is it possible to have a popup appear just once when the user visits the site, rather than only on select pages and every time?

Default Re: How to make a popup once per session?

I don't think it is possible without some code. An example that uses code can be found at this THREAD.

Hi Siran, that looks like exactly what I need - thanks!

I find the forum search doesn't find what I need a lot of the time, even though it seems to be there.

Yes, the forum search is not very good. Better use a service like qwant, duckduckgo, google... Usually you can restrict the search to a site somehow, in case of qwant you can add site:talkgraphics.com in front of your search string. Duckduckgo and google work the same way if I remember correctly.

you can add site:talkgraphics.com in front of your search string.
    Just to point out it's important to leave a space between .com and your search term.

On a simpler method without coding you could just create your index (home) page that only contains the pop-up. Then create an identical page called index-2.htm but without the pop-up. Then have your navbar home button alway to link to index-2htm
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Interesting solution, I'll try to remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    Interesting solution, I'll try to remember that.
    siran, I covered it in #3 of the Thread you linked to.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

What does this tell about my ability to focus on something?

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    What does this tell about my ability to focus on something?
    siran, we all have strengths and weaknesses. Each of us is different but special.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat