Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Unable to get images opening in Xara Pro +

I pruned some of the later posts after Barbara's comment. And please, this forum is comprised of member from all over the world, the majority of whom post in English as a courtesy even though English is not their primary language. This is not an All Thrash All The Time forum. Try to be positive and if you feel the need to be critical, please try to do it in a positive way.

Unless anybody has another solution to Egg's issue, I will close this thread.

I just tried to change the open file type with this app and for JPG and JPEG there were no Xara products listed. Though if I right click on a JPEG file and select Open With... I can select Designer Pro+ but not Designer Pro X.

last time I try to help anyone on this forum, ever

no disrespect gary, but nothing in life is free, and that includes free help

you may delete this post if you wish
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sorry Gary but I'm even more confused now. Barbara posted the following into this thread:

Hi.

If the contentiousness, arrogance, and signal-to-noise doesn't end with the latest post, I'll be forced to prune this entire thread and will not be happy for the time wasted.

These art stressful times for all of us, and there is no reason to port antagonism and verbal flosam over to tg.

Please think twice and post once.

I'm not open to discussing this any further

b
    As the OP I had no idea what Barbara was refering to, I'd seen no such contentcious arrogant post ???? She stated she may prune the enire thread .... I have no idea why as there was no contentiousness, arrogant post. I'm completely at a loss.

I pruned some of the later posts after Barbara's comment. And please, this forum is comprised of member from all over the world, the majority of whom post in English as a courtesy even though English is not their primary language. This is not an All Thrash All The Time forum. Try to be positive and if you feel the need to be critical, please try to do it in a positive way.
    As you are aware I was a moderator on TG for several years but I'm completely at a loss to understand the moderators interference within my thread....

Unless anybody has another solution to Egg's issue, I will close this thread.
    NO, don't close my thread. To myself and other members there are no contentiousness or arrogant posts visible.

I believe the moderators need to look further into their moderation.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I believe the moderators need to look further into their moderation.
    So noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Sorry Barbara, have I missed something?

Eric, you missed some static that our Mods have deleted. It's all good for the moment.

Thanks for asking.

b.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

This post is for all on this thread—

I don't care if this thread remains open or closed. I did not blame a single person for any action, nor did I name names.

When a thread gets contentious, it is my responsibility to step in.

Actually, handrawn, the work of the Mods is free; there is no monetary compensation, and if you consider abuse and undeserved bile as payment, I'm happy to stand corrected.

My own work is to keep system upgrades going when I'm allowed this, to arbitrate when necessary, and to keep the occasional hissy fit off threads.

Please keep this in mind: regardless of how anemic tg looks like these days, if a potential member browse this forum and sees an abundance of in-fighting, they'll pass us by. Wouldn't you?

If you've been on tg for quite a while, for years as an example, you already know what sets people off. When two people (or more) want to bash each other's brains out, I won't interfere.

Just please don't do it in a flurry of posts on tg.

Please?

Regards,
    b.
    Barbara Bouton

Eric, my Gary discovered a fast and robust free little program called Default Program Editor. I've seen him use it to change default icons and I think it changes associations in a "brute force" way, stopping an installed program to refuse to change the association.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Free Defalt program editor.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	130527

Can I consider this thread closed now, or is there anything else specifically related to Egg Bramhill's question anyone would like to contribute?

TIA,

b.
    Barbara Bouton

i sincerely hope you think the gift of your time is worth it barbara

I no longer do, which is not to say I won't post, I will simply change tack

heat and kitchen spring to mind... but abuse is always wrong

** edit i have nothing further to add but it is egg's call

that app I do not know I will look at it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for responding.

Eric, you missed some static that our Mods have deleted. It's all good for the moment.
    I don't believe I did and as your original post stated:

I'll be forced to prune this entire thread and will not be happy for the time wasted.
    As the original OP I'd followed the tread closely and saw no such contentiousness, arrogant posts.

Unfortunately the thread was later pruned further by the mods to make the whole tread unintelligible to members.

But that's water under the bridge now so I'll drop the issue.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

On an upbeat note I've found that your link to Gary's software worked a treat and .jpg's now open in Xara Designer Pro + and I thank you very much for that
    Egg