Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: batch edit and save jpgs

and the OP, gabriel, wishes to use xara for this I am sure; but if I am wrong no doubt he will correct me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

If I want all images to have the same editing/settings, I would open all photos in Xara as single pages in a document.
    On the first photo I would make my settings and copy with ctr.+c.
    I add these settings to all photos with ctrl.+shift+a.

Then print all pages as PDF with the ppi like the original photos and with 100-jpg quality.
    From the PDF program then as a picture, again note the ppi, save it. Always output with 100-jpg quality.
    The pictures are stored individually numbered in the original size and good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    If I want all images to have the same editing/settings, I would open all photos in Xara as single pages in a document.
    On the first photo I would make my settings and copy with ctr.+c.
    I add these settings to all photos with ctrl.+shift+a.
    ernie, I go along with the first steps.

This works for Xara Designer Pro+ and XDPXv18 - I have not checked further back.

Next, if you wish to preserve the original filenames, work through each image (no batch action, sadly) and in XPro+ press Web Properties > Image > Use photo filename, otherwise type in the Image filename.
    In either, for true batch work, add an Image Filename of yyyymmdd-Label to all the selected photos. Today, you will then get 20210823-Images, 20210823-Images-1, 20210823-Images-2, and counting.

Finally, use File > Export website to a given folder.
    Open that folder > index_htm_files and copy out all the 20210823-Images*.jpgs and 20210823-Images*.webp (if ticked) and move to their final home.

So, if you have Xara Pro+ everythin can be seem as a batch action if you choose to name your files 20210823-Images*.

All done within a Xara Desktop Application.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat