Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default batch edit and save jpgs

hi
    i have about 50 jpgs, all scanned. they all need the same settings in 'brightness', 'contrast' and 'highlights'.
    in stead of importing each one and setting those values and then saving i'd like to speed up the process by doing it in a batch.
    any ideas?
    thanks in advance!
    gabriel
    '... and then there was Corel Draw v.2 for MS Windows 3 on my superfast 286'

Default Re: batch edit and save jpgs

Presuming your computer isn't potato quality you can edit multiple photos at the same time.

Import all 50 (or any number you feel comfortable with for testing) press CTRL+A to select all then edit as desired.

You will need to save them individually though, unless someone else knows a way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Presuming your computer isn't potato quality you can edit multiple photos at the same time.

Import all 50 (or any number you feel comfortable with for testing) press CTRL+A to select all then edit as desired.

You will need to save them individually though, unless someone else knows a way around it.
    tx chris..... i' soon find out if my pc is 'potato quality' :-) , tx i'll try that - re the saving... hmm, yes, maybe someone can forward an idea

I think you can export all at once using the web publish features, but acorn will know for sure

else you can export them all on seperate layers as a PSD file, but there is no batch image export function that I can recall
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I think you can export all at once using the web publish features, but acorn will know for sure

else you can export them all on seperate layers as a PSD file, but there is no batch image export function that I can recall
    tx handrawn - as stated, i don't think there is a way to batch update all jpgs with different settings, designer was not meant to do that. i opened a couple of images at a time, worked on them and saved them one by one, it was a tad time consuming but its finished now. the 'optimizer' function will do the trick but will cut the images to 150dpi, i needed them in up to 1200dpi.
    so thanks for putting on your thinking caps here guys!
    God bless
    gabriel

the 'optimizer' function will do the trick but will cut the images to 150dpi, i needed them in up to 1200dpi.
    I think you can alter this in the Optomise Photo in window ggsmit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	130430  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I think you can alter this in the Optomise Photo in window ggsmit.
    tx egg, i'll have a look and come back... yes, you are right, i can optimize to any dpi LOWER than the image originally had [obviously] BUT that only goes for dpi optimization, i.e. the resolution. ideal would be to have something which will batch change other settings as well; but then again we can't really expect EVERYTHING in one program - that'll be unfair towards all the other developers out there :-)

edit
    spoke too soon... it seems photoshop has such a feature, called 'image processor'
    also if you use GIMP, a plugin called BIMP will do the trick - it seems to be on the house...
    Last edited by ggsmit; 17 August 2021 at 08:29 PM. Reason: xtra info

Look at XNview and XNconvert. With them you can batch process files, directories et al for different operations; scaling, rotating, altering brightness, etc. etc. etc.

Oh, and it's freeware! https://www.xnview.com/en/

how does this help batch export from xara ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Original question: "i have about 50 jpgs, all scanned. they all need the same settings in 'brightness', 'contrast' and 'highlights'."