Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repeated object doesn't appear on variant

I have a logo on the top of my page that I want on all variants and pages. To achieve this I've tried the following:

1) Made the object repeating - appears on other desktop pages, not on variant. I've tried to share this with variants but I can't because its a repeating object.

2) Shared it with variant - but then I can't make it repeating.

How on earth do I get the object to appear on EVERY page - ie, all desktop and variants?

Default Re: Repeated object doesn't appear on variant

Probably the simplest way is create the logo to the size of your variant page, and then select Repeat on all pages.

Probably not how it should work but I think this will work.

So the basic steps would be something like:

1) Create logo on desktop - repeat.
    2) Copy logo to variant - repeat.

And in future to edit it (say it was text) - I have to edit it on both variants?

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post

And in future to edit it (say it was text) - I have to edit it on both variants?
    Yes. 'Repeating on all pages' and 'Sharing with all variants' are necessarily kept unlinked because their respective features would clash with their respective purposes. For instance, if you change the size and/or place of a repeating object, changes are made to all instances. Were these repeating objects shared across variants, any changes to these objects would mess up the design and layout of these variants.

Paco - You can try this: make a copy of your current website file and give it a new name, for example test.web or test.xar

Then try this change and see if it works. If so then go back and do it to your original file.

Some objects change size and position when one is altered, others don't. And I am never such which is which.