Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Hi Joroho,

Could you please post a direct link to the download page for the GDI+ and if possibly the XML4 files?? I can't seem to find them. I found one XML4 download and it's in a .msi file format and it's not installing on my WinXP Pro machine and it's got me in a snit!! I have MSXML, MSXML2 and MSXML3 DLL's in the C:WINDOWSsystem32dllcache folder.

Supposedly there was suppposed to be two downloads that were to be downloaded by Xara X1 during the installation process and that never happened. I contacted tech support and was told they were going to look into it and would be in touch with me by Monday.

So if anyone can shed a little light on this matter that would be just great. Links would be nice too! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    Could you please post a direct link to the download page for the GDI+ and if possibly the XML4 files?? I can't seem to find them <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>RamWolff,

Please see my post a few above this one for a link to Microsoft.com for their XMLv4 download...

AlexL

Hi: I just paid for the upgrade from the XaraX, that I just bought on February 27th, to X1. I don't mind having to pay again because I got a discount when I bought X and this upgrade special seems very reasonable at $37 with shipping, but I haven't received any confirmation email on buying X1.
    I decided I will wait to get the cd's in the mail, so didn't dl it yet. Just want to be sure I am going to get X1?
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Never mide, I got the email, was sitting in a spam folder http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlexL:
    RamWolff,

Please see my post a few above this one for a link to Microsoft.com for their XMLv4 download...

AlexL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My system for some really strange reason will not allow me to install .msi files. Corel uses them too to update many of their products and I have had to send off for updated disks in the past because they will not install. I get an error message, see screen shot below.

Any help with this mystery??

Thanks! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Install_Error.gif 
Views:	664 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	16532  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

OK, I got a fix for this one that I posted above.

If you are running WinXP you won't need to update the Windows Installer, if you are running Win2000 or below then you will need to update this program. Go to this address: Windows Installer 2.0 page

Download and install the InstMsiW.exe file (1781 Kb size) all the way down towards the bottom of the page.

Reboot the computer and the go to this page: MSXML4

Towards the bottom of the page "Files in this Download" click on the msxml.msi (file size: 5166 Kb) and then when the download dialog pops up....

In Mozilla choose: Open it with the default application (Msi)
    In Internet Explorer choose the Open button.

Once the download is complete just let the Wizard walk you through the installation process. I read out on the web that installing the SDK option (which is turned off by default) is a good idea, I believe it takes care of the GDI+ option, so I turned it on.

Reboot the computer once again and there you go!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

And here's me not visiting this forum very often!!!

But was I suprised when I got the marketing e-mail today. I've shelled out my cash for the boxed upgrade now - mainly out of gratitude for a new version, because I've not played with the trial much yet — but I do like what I see!!

Seems to be some nice updates to some fundamental problems - and it's great to see an upgrade focusing on the bugs and the interface rather than lumping on half finished 'features'.

I think I've got my faith back (was almost thinking of looking for another vector app for a while)

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Why does X1 require MSXML 4 I wonder? I can't see any SVG import/export yet (unfortunately - would *really* like this) so what XML needs parsing?

Like the live-dragging a lot. Is the change to drag handles deliberate though? We seem to have lost the usual 'internal' handles, making it necessary to turn on the 'external' handles to get anything done; I always found these too far out to accurately show what's selected.

The Picture Editor is a useful idea (though possibly it should be called something else as it doesn't really 'edit' the pictures!) - would like to see the remaining 'bitmap effects' moved here too.

The bleeding-edge new shadow tool icon is a bit radical - will take a while to get used to that one.

Great news that Xara is upgraded - can the best become better?

First observations - what has happened to the bitmaps under Bitmaps|Effects and Plugins|Bitmap Effects ? I no longer have the option to select Bitmap Effects, with all its options - all thats left is Special Effects.

Robin