Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default sharing with variants

Hi all, just a quickie which I think may be my over expectation rather than an error.
    When I am producing a website and have a variant and link from the main to the mobile using the "share with variants" the selected objects, graphic and text appear on the variant to be placed in position. No problem so far.
    If I then delete the object or text from the main screen should it not also be deleted from the variant screen as well? It doesn't seem to which doubles the workload in having to delete on main and variant.

I have also noticed that whilst objects resized on the variant do not resize on the main ( as expected) but if text is resized on the variant then the original main text is resized also.

Is it me or have I missed something simple somewhere?

Ken

Default Re: sharing with variants

Ken, all as expected. Especially scaling. There is a menu option to delete from all variants. You can define a Style especially for a variant.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, defining text Styles per variant is really useful. It takes some planning and time to set them up but then they prove to be huge timesavers when designing and, later, maintaining the website. If you don't know yet how to use them, read the Help file first.

Thanks again guys, as per usual I like I think many others miss the obvious solutions in the myriad of options available. I assumed that the deletion from one automatically deleted from all but no big problem doing it manually. Will certainly look into the defining of text for the variants as stated it could be a time saver and negate the alteration of text sizes affecting the main site.

Thanks for your precious time on a silly problem

Ken