Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Offset between MouseOver and MouseOff Text - fixed by group?

I've just stumbled on something I can't explain.

I created a text box with "ABOUT" in it on the MouseOff layer. I cloned it, changed the font to bold, and put the new one on the MouseOver Layer. I made the original one a link.

In the normal Xara window it looks fine when I hide/unhide the MouseOff layer.

When I preview it in a browser, when I hover over the word the MouseOff bold text is offset to the left/down by around 30 pixels or so - ie, way off.

If I then select each text box individually, and make it a group containing only itself, it then seems to work. Am I missing something here?

Default Re: Offset between MouseOver and MouseOff Text - fixed by group?

paco, do not self-group text, you are only creating low-quality images.

Applying Bold will make text wider.
    I create faux-bold by adding a thin Line Width.

I have created text "ABOUT" as a Text Line, Text Column and Text Area and I cannot create this displacement for text alone.
    When you include other shapes, this does happen.

Upload an example file with your problem.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Offset between MouseOver and MouseOff Text - fixed by group?

Hi Acorn,

The text in question was in front of a web sticky object, so not sure if that interaction was the issue. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the problem text - I worked around it and just moved on. If I get another example I'll upload it then.

Thanks for all your help!