Hi

In creating a new alphabetical menu for the 'Songs of the Waterway' website https://www.waterwaysongs.info/index.html
I have hit a little problem with iframes.

On the Song Menu page which exists on-line at the moment the iframe has a relatively short height so long(tall) alphabetical listing pages which load into that iframe generate a vertical scroll bar automatically. This can result in a slight horizontal shifting of text when a short page is loaded before/after a tall one or vice versa.

I would like to avoid the song titles shifting horizontally so on the new version (not yet finished) I created a very tall iframe into which even the largest alphabetical page will fit without scrolling. The only scroll bar that exists is the one for the whole page. There is a menu bar stuck at the top of the page and when the page is scrolled the song titles move under it and 'disappear'.

The problem now is that if a tall page has been scrolled up prior to the loading of a short one the new short page seems to load in the same vertical position the tall one was. This may mean that the page content disappears wholly or partially under the sticky menu at the top. The worst case scenario is that no content can be seen at first site.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iframe problem.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	130391

My iframe is called 'songs' and each alphabetical menu button loads up the appropriate web page in this customised option on the Open Link menu. What I think I need to do is instruct the selected web-page at the _top of the songs iframe. Can this be done? Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks in anticipation.

I am using Designer Pro+ which I recently bought. As an aside, it does seem to grind to a halt every now and then and uploading takes ages (broadband speed check was fine). I don't know if this is the computer carrying out clandestine tasks, the size of the file I am dealing with or if it is to do with Pro+. Any comments?

Ian