Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi again Robert,

I've decided to continue it here because ONE: I didn't want to bury this valuable and interesting info inside another unrelated thread, and TWO: I don't want Gary sounding off on the viewlet software like he did that interloper drawing program that invaded another thread [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ahem

So ... in case others are wondering what the "beep" i'm talking about, here's a link to the starter thread...Qarbon viewlet software
    So check it out, and if you've something else to add ... please come back here and do it.
    For people interested in learning something about a piece of software you have or don't have, there is a fertile library of nifty java "viewlets" to choose from ... here Frontpage 2000 / Photoshop / Flash / Swish ... to name a few.

But the point of this re-tread-thread, is simply to point out a decent looking piece of instructional software to those of you haven't seen it yet.

And BTW Robert, your little Xara demo viewlet was a little quick for beginners but pretty cool nonetheless .

That's it, take care
    Wayne

Hi again Robert,

I've decided to continue it here because ONE: I didn't want to bury this valuable and interesting info inside another unrelated thread, and TWO: I don't want Gary sounding off on the viewlet software like he did that interloper drawing program that invaded another thread [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ahem

So ... in case others are wondering what the "beep" i'm talking about, here's a link to the starter thread...Qarbon viewlet software
    So check it out, and if you've something else to add ... please come back here and do it.
    For people interested in learning something about a piece of software you have or don't have, there is a fertile library of nifty java "viewlets" to choose from ... here Frontpage 2000 / Photoshop / Flash / Swish ... to name a few.

But the point of this re-tread-thread, is simply to point out a decent looking piece of instructional software to those of you haven't seen it yet.

And BTW Robert, your little Xara demo viewlet was a little quick for beginners but pretty cool nonetheless .

That's it, take care
    Wayne

Thanks for opening a new thread. For those that do check my sample viewlet for Xara X at http://www.wfcentral.com/viewlets please be warned that it was just me playing with the tutorial making software to see how easy/hard it would be... I left all the default settings (something like 2.1 seconds a screen) in so it clips along pretty fast. I could have made each screen as long or short as I wanted or even made a "click to continue" button. The only two things I noticed that seems difficult... if you were going to illustrate a person dragging the mouse across something to change the fill you have to do multiple screens... also the tutorial did not dither the fills like Xara X does (probably capturing at 256 colors instead of my computers 16m colors).

Anyway, looks interesting...

Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

This makes tutorials far more interesting. Of course, I have no idea how quick it downloads on a slower connection.
    But I am impressed and I feel that my SoftwareCollectingSyndrome wasn't really satisfied yet... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Your experiment with the april tutorial was very interesting. While running the program, my Win2000Pro operating system popped up with the message "Virtual Memory Low", and then it increased the size of the virtual memory paging file.

However, both before and after that event the animation seemed too slow. I supposed that can be controlled with a setting in the software.

I access via T1 here.

Bob