Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy 40th

Default Re: Happy 40th

Way back from my Corel days. Glad I found Xara as many have. Congratulations!
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Didn't ArtWorks also have a dongle too Acorn, or is my memory fading further? Two parallel ports forcing the computer further off the wall behind :-)
    The version I have doesn't.
    I can run it blindingly fast on my PC using VirtualRPC-SA instead of its original Acorn Archimedes, which I still have though I use a two-stack RiscPC nowadays. I use it occasional with CARVIC's !DrawAid that let you use BBC Basic to program vector drawings for gears and the like.

The only other dongle I can think of was for the laser printer but I never had the money for that. Years later, I got a Samsung A4 colour laser printer for just over £120.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Congrats to Xara too.
    My career with Xara began in 2008. Before that, I was damaged by Adobe and Corel and found the Swiss knife for graphics in Xara.
    I still use CorelDraw and otehr graphic softwares but the work in Xara is fun for me and I got my job done faster than with other programs.
    I even designed books with many pictures and more than 600 pages in Xara.

I'm a relative newcomer too - 2003

as was common then, computer mags often came with a free CD of assorted programs to try out; I was looking for an AV, but a couple of other programs caught my eye, one of them was xara x

Quote Originally Posted by acorn
    but I never had the money for that. Years later, I got a Samsung A4 colour laser printer for just over £120
    in the eighties I bought a 32MB [yes megabyte] HDD at an eywateringly high price; that is just about enough space these days to store just one average 3/4 minute uncompressed completed music track in wav format
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Congratulations to all the Xara peeps. I feel old now .
    And thanks for showing my work! (see https://www.xara.com/40th/ at the bottom: Best of Xara 2021, Painter.)

we are all oid

your work is exceptional Fred, no doubt about it... well deserved

I was also impressed by TOMÁŠ' animation 'zoom-letter' [ you have to go to his website to see it play] it took a while to load but it is a great example of animation in xara
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I think I'm missing some cds but been around since early 1990s.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	130455
    Dave Zubrowski

Wow Dave that's quite a collection.

Thanks, should have thrown in your signed stereogram book I won in a contest back in the day.
    Dave Zubrowski