Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Shadow resize issue

I have this weird issue happening, (probably since last upgrade). I've attached a .zar. I take a photo with a white background. I then use the "select colors to enhance tool" to select the white background and right-click on the node to make it transparent. Then I add a shadow. If I resize it larger, the shadow usually resizes fine, but resize smaller the shadow is goofy. I've never had this problem before. I was playing around with it now and noticed sometimes if I just move the graphic to a different position on the page the shadow will snap back. The .zar has the original photo, the original with shadow which seems to have no problem, the photo with transparent background and shadow, and resized with issue. Thanks. (Designer Pro X v18)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Shadow resize issue

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    I have this weird issue happening, (probably since last upgrade). I've attached a .zar. I take a photo with a white background. I then use the "select colors to enhance tool" to select the white background and right-click on the node to make it transparent. Then I add a shadow. If I resize it larger, the shadow usually resizes fine, but resize smaller the shadow is goofy. I've never had this problem before. I was playing around with it now and noticed sometimes if I just move the graphic to a different position on the page the shadow will snap back. The .zar has the original photo, the original with shadow which seems to have no problem, the photo with transparent background and shadow, and resized with issue. Thanks. (Designer Pro X v18)
    yellowbird I had NO issue using XDP18 I see you are using Web Designer 11 premium which could account for it because I do not have that particular program to test.
    at any rate good luck
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I see a problem

one way to fix it would be to make a bitmap copy, being careful to enter the appropriate dpi on the bitmap size tab

the bitmap copy should not have any issues with the shadow

I think the cause of this is the way you modified the original image; for some reason the shadow is not able to sync correctly when resized

a bitmap copy is a new image, rather than a clipped/modified one
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I reported on this to Xara, a year ago.

The trick is to Select+Drag (shake, really) until the shadow is restored.

If you drag the shadow away from the shape and then shrink the shape down slowly, you will see the shadow is being crafted from the original image rectangle.
    If you switch to Outline view, you see that rectangle and inside it there is a shape that if you Ctrl+Select appears as "Colour-select region (1 point)". Delete that and you get your original back.
    This demonstrates that the process is non-destructive.
    Xara's coding is not checking for this resize properly.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat