Hi

I recently redesigned an extensive website 'Songs of the Inland Waterways' which contains details of over 300 songs about the UK canals. Along the way I had amazing help from forum members.

Now I'm back having encountered another 'hiccup'.

Basically the 'front pages' of the website remain in the root directory but the songs are in sub-sub directories Songs/A/, Songs/B/, etc. The contents of each alphabetical directory are generated from separate Xara files and some of the 'reference' pages in the root directory are as well. Obviously only one Xara file creates the index.htm file (actually index.html for some reason I've now forgotten).

I began to notice that the website was not appearing in Google searches and realised that the sitemap file only listed a few pages. To get round this I settled on using the PRO Sitemap Service which generates a sitemap for the whole site daily which I can upload to Google as and when I wish. The Pro Sitemap Service was also very useful in tracking down broken links of which I had several.

The website now comes up more often in searches but not as much as it did some months or years ago. Using some Google tool or other I learnt that the site is considered not mobile friendly.

It was a great effort to rejig the site in the past few months and the prospect of creating mobile compatible versions of all the pages is too horrific. If I were to create mobile versions of the 'front pages' do you think Google might look more kindly upon me? Or does anyone have a better suggestion?

Thanks in anticipation.
Ian