Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Nice to see Xara get a mention..

Computer Active, a UK publication, for several years had a 'Buy It' section recommending the best PC, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles etc to buy. One of these sections was the best website software of which Xara Web Designer sat at number one for getting on to several years.

Until a few months back this remained the case but then CA saw fit to remove the best website section and replace it with the best Smart Speaker.

I wonder what effect the loss of this constant recommendation had on Xara Web Designers sales?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@pauland, actually Paul I do more surfing on the pad more than I work with Xara+, and I see your point with the mention of Xara. Good or bad, whatever version of Xara, I believe Paul’s point that even the word Xara would spark some interest.
    I find Xara is mentioned In a lot of places, and some of the lists are of course sketchy, but Xara is mentioned. So that’s a good thing. Xara pops up in unusual places, and mostly overseas.
    Mention Xara in Canada, and many give you a side eye, so I assume that Xara is popular in the EU far more than North America.
    This cloud version which I’ve explored, to me, seems to be a shot at the monthly Wordpress, and other iterations.
    Cloud also is a solution if many are working on a file at once, but the Cloud Xara doesn’t even come close to Pro+.
    I’m training a person on Xara this winter, but the client quite doesn’t understand that her uploads will be different than mine. I realize there is a process for working on the same file.
    I’d like to know if Cloud is really working for Xara, but I’m rambling.
    I know exactly what @pauland is trying to say. If someone with an inquiring mind sees the word “Xara”, it’s my hope they explore and land on the Xara home page. I know I did.
    Interesting discussion. Thanks Paul for the original post.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

you might equally argue that anyone who actually tried page and layer designer would be put off xara for life because of its obvious limitations

it depends how you want to second guess

btw xara gmbh [xara.com] do not sell themselves on the basis of providing programs - they sell themselves on the bsasis of providing solutions for business - some may include cloud, pro+ or both

it's important to realise this when you are trying to figure out what they are doing and where they are taking themselves
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...