Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Nice to see Xara get a mention..

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Again, Why? Why close it or delete it? Because there wasn't only a bunch of enthuistic responses?
    I foolishly thought that (however flawed) some positive mention of Xara was a good thing, instead people seem intent on using it as an opportunity to lambast the post I linked to and indeed Xara in general.

I had expected some enthusiasm and some enthusiastic responses instead it's become a bad refection of the angst in the Xara community and really the whole thing now serves no purpose besides as a magnet for rather churlish users. The link is not to a review but simply to a subjective product summary.

I guess that I am in a minority of one in thinking that anything that directs someone to find out more about the product, even in a way that doesn't agree with some users is a good thing.

If an old version of the software is available at a low price, that's not a bad thing either since it is either a route to a discounted upgrade path or may well suit many users who have a restricted budget.

It's for the purchaser to decide the value of the product not the Xara expert users here.

You guys are a mean-sprited lot of so and so's !

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    ... You guys are a mean-sprited lot of so and so's !
    You seem to have a poorer opinion of me than I do of Xara. I find that odd. I don't think I misrepresented Xara--the company or its products--and certainly wasn't "mean-spirited" about either.

In any case, I'll leave the thread.

TG is here to help users, and prospective users; it is not here to push xara/magix product willy-nilly; at least that is my belief

don't take it to heart paul no one is getting at you
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

As for me, I use Xara exclusively for everything with the exception of web stuff which I do not do, it saddens me to see our user base diminishing.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Wizard,

I just bought Xara Designer Pro X, about 3-4 months ago. I'm pretty happy with it. I also own Affinity. But I think that Xara is really nice and lightweight on Windows 10. I think it's a very underrated piece of software that perhaps most designers are unaware of. It has a good toolset.

Welcome at Talk Graphics and I totally agree! If they just gave it the TLC it deserves.... But some recent developments signal they might be doing just that.

lets hope so...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...