Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Nice to see Xara get a mention..

TG is here to help users, and prospective users; it is not here to push xara/magix product willy-nilly; at least that is my belief

don't take it to heart paul no one is getting at you
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

As for me, I use Xara exclusively for everything with the exception of web stuff which I do not do, it saddens me to see our user base diminishing.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Wizard,

I just bought Xara Designer Pro X, about 3-4 months ago. I'm pretty happy with it. I also own Affinity. But I think that Xara is really nice and lightweight on Windows 10. I think it's a very underrated piece of software that perhaps most designers are unaware of. It has a good toolset.

Welcome at Talk Graphics and I totally agree! If they just gave it the TLC it deserves.... But some recent developments signal they might be doing just that.

lets hope so...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@pauland. Any publicity is good publicity. Reviews have to be taken with a huge grain of salt. That being said, anytime I’ve convinced a novice to start with Xara, they have not been disappointed. When I also explain it also does this, and this, and this too they’re amazed. It draws, publishes, web and newsletters.
    Remember that we are long time users, and in a lot of cases expert users. These reviews are often times for people who are starting out.
    I work on two platforms, and there ain’t nothing like Xara in the Mac world. Nothing even close if you exclude Adobe.
    In my world I can’t figure out why Xara is not mentioned more,
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Computer Active, a UK publication, for several years had a 'Buy It' section recommending the best PC, Laptops, Tablets, Mobiles etc to buy. One of these sections was the best website software of which Xara Web Designer sat at number one for getting on to several years.

Until a few months back this remained the case but then CA saw fit to remove the best website section and replace it with the best Smart Speaker.

I wonder what effect the loss of this constant recommendation had on Xara Web Designers sales?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host