Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How did they do this?

This is a website for a very creative company. Great effect on the home page. https://papercranefactory.com/

Default Re: How did they do this?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    This is a website for a very creative company. Great effect on the home page. https://papercranefactory.com/
    Gary, I have to disagree - too fussy and machine intensive. Quite formulaic as placing the pointer in the same position shows the identical effect every time.

As to how it is done - with a shedload of code.
    If I was tackling this, I would create the circle around the pointer using a circle clip-path of the under-image.
    This is rerun for every pointer travel although I would limit it to around 5px.

The same trick for the triangles for the top-images with a triangular clip-path.

The JavaScript code does the recalculations for the one circle and random triangles.
    More code would position and create the triangles.

I found it most distracting.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not with you on this one Gary, sorry.

I rather like it - pity though you cant seem to load your own forground image as well as the background, might keep me amused for quite a while; changing the positional effect, now that would be fussy and distracting

what I don't like are the florescent colours used in the headings on the careers page, yuk; text font is wrong there too for me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I lost interest in 30 seconds, very frustrating. Confusing. Sorry Gary, don't be upset at me.

I like this because it is a creative branding company looking to stand out in a crowded field and to show a different approach.

On the other hand, a teacher of mine once said, Don't try to be different to be good. Be good and you will be different.