Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
Going with the simplest (for me) method.
No (lock) in the layer name.
Copy profile pic (link 'button') and paste in place on pop-up layer with popup:close typed in Utilities > Web Properties > Link > Link To Web or Email Address
Add 99% transparency

I can now simply copy/paste onto the rest, sit back with a beer and toast siran for saving me 10 minutes on this job and educating myself and others for future use.
Its disadvantage as mntioned by @siran is the clicked item remain in-focus or is the target until you move the pointer (or thumb) slightly.

For that reason, I usually choose the javascript: void $('.<ClassName>').fadeToggle(timed); approach.
Its downsides are you need jQuery loaded but this is usually not an overhead as it is invoked by a lot of Xara events already. You have to name everything you want to "pop-up" with a ClassName. You are introducing code to initially hide the "pop-up" and to toggle thereafter.

My second approach is to use the undocumented popup: mechanism.
To get a fade in/out effect you have to name the popup layer with a fade parameter, e.g., 'pu (fade 1)'.
The MouseOff trigger becomes 'popup: open "pu (fade 1)"'.
On the "pu (fade 1)" layer, its trigger is simply 'popup: close'.
Xara does the rest.

You still have the in-focus/target issue.

Rather than just a transparency shape, I usually clone the under image and change the transparency type for different effects.

I have made the original Covoxer Tweaks Thread sticky again for reference as it is still valid.

acorn