Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Close Pop-up Automatically

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I hate popups, but had to do one for a client. clearsoundhearing.ca
    The pop-ups here are for further information, pop-up is really the wrong term. I have (will have) 15 profile pictures of DJs on the books for an event organisation. Click/tap the pic and the DJs resumé comes into play. One of the groups competitors has each resumé opening a separate page which requires opening the menu, clicking the link to return to the artists page, then scrolling down to where you left off...not good.

I went for the pop-up layer so that the customer is right where they left off when they close any particular resumé. The only issue I had was on the mobile site because the profile pic covered a large amount of the tappable screen and it re-opened as soon as it was closed ('button' in focus). I was opting for adding (lock) to the end of each layer name, then adding popup:close on the layers content link properties. It would work fine, but I wondered if there was an easier/cleaner/quicker way to achieve the same result.

Default Re: Close Pop-up Automatically

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I hate popups, but had to do one for a client. clearsoundhearing.ca

I find that an effective use of the popup. Took me a while, though, to discern there was a picture of a person with a facial mask included.