Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PDF won't export selected pages

XDPX - website with a long scrollable main page and then 6 following pages which go into detail info when a user clicks the relevant button on the main page.
    I want to export the 6 separate pages as one pdf which the user can download.
    Simple right? In pdf dialogue click pgs 2-7? Wrong - get pages 2,3,4 only.
    Experiment export pages 5-7 - wrong - get pages 2-3!!
    I'm going mad - please help

Default Re: PDF won't export selected pages

I've saved the web file as a .xar file and opened it in P&GD v17 - chose pages 2-7 - perfect!!! What gives?

Info Re: PDF won't export selected pages

LGF, no issue here with any XDA that handles PDFs.

Export PDF
    Settings > Commercial Printing
    Advanced Options
    General > Page Generation > Page range: 2-7

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF, no issue here with any XDA that handles PDFs.

Export PDF
    Settings > Commercial Printing
    Advanced Options
    General > Page Generation > Page range: 2-7

Acorn
    Tried again -convert etc etc - no go!
    I've attached the file - would you mind having a look?
    Many thanks,
    LGF
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry!
    Should have been the .web version...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Sorry!
    Should have been the .web version...
    LGF, for whatever reason Xara is not recognising or skipping some of your pages.

The quick solution is save a copy and then delete the first page and Export PDF for the remaining ones. That works perfectly.

I found your Page backgrounds to be over-complex with a Repeat in Variants shape that served no purpose.
    I doubt there is any real issue here though.

I think the file has been corrupted and is beyond fixing as the XAR has the same issues.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF, for whatever reason Xara is not recognising or skipping some of your pages.

The quick solution is save a copy and then delete the first page and Export PDF for the remaining ones. That works perfectly.

I found your Page backgrounds to be over-complex with a Repeat in Variants shape that served no purpose.

I think the file has been corrupted and is beyond fixing as the XAR has the same issues.

Acorn

Many thanks for taking the trouble to look at it - will resolve variants issue

I found your Page backgrounds to be over-complex with a Repeat in Variants shape that served no purpose cara install windows 10

Acorn
    I got the same issue but this solution works great on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by rizarefaldi View Post
    I got the same issue but this solution works great on my side.
    rizarfaldi, welcome to Talkgraphics.
    That's a shocker as I believed it had to be a corrupt file. Any chance of you uploading yours?

Acorn