Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Navigation Bar

Default Re: Navigation Bar

Thank you Acorn, your advice solved my problem. For some reason an old version of the nav bar had lodged itself in the layer called mouse down.

As you indicated, I was able to remove the offending items.

Thank you very much gentlemen.

May I ask one other question? Another poster suggested I put the nav bar on to the blog also. I can see that would be a good idea but I didn't realise it could be done. May I ask how this can be done - or if that sounds like me being lazy, on which page of the manual are the instructions please?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by flip View Post
    May I ask one other question? Another poster suggested I put the nav bar on to the blog also. I can see that would be a good idea but I didn't realise it could be done. May I ask how this can be done - or if that sounds like me being lazy, on which page of the manual are the instructions please?
    flip, you cannot directly.

What I would do is put the Blog into an IFRAME on a blog page in your design.
    The NavBar > Blog (red box) now goes to the page and not the blog website.

Here is a demo: https://shared.xara.com/FafyMqfNBH.

Here is the Placeholder IFRAME Body Code:
    Code:
    <iframe src="https://phauthor.blogspot.com" width=100% height=100%></iframe>
    You must use the blog's HTTPS address or it will not be displayed as most browsers will block a mix of secure and insecure assets.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

flip,

You have fixed the issue in question, but have another that might not be obvious. The Navbar menu is sticky, but not at top-of-the-page which may not be what you intended?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PH Move Navbar to page top.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	131267

You could move the 'sticky' Navbar to the top-of page (or change it to stick-at-top) and place a rectangle behind it, either page-wide or stretch it to browser width.

Gary

Thank you so much for pointing me in this direction. It's fiddly but I've achieved what I wanted. Thanks

Flip