Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default error: Xara connection to ftp host has been lost and could not be re established

Trying to publish website. On clicking "Explore webspace " this comes up: FTP folder does not exist do you want to create it. Click on yes and I get the above message. Am using File Zilla to upload, but this worked in the past. What could be causing this?

Default Re: error: Xara connection to ftp host has been lost and could not be re established

Phillips, this is usually a broken server. Raise with Magix
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: error: Xara connection to ftp host has been lost and could not be re established

If it was a server error, wouldn't FileZilla fail as well?

Double check the settings in Xara are the same as you have in FZ.

I've had issues in the past with the Connect With settings.

See what happens if you just select FTP. If this is successful then this may be the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FTP Settnigs.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	130191  

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    If it was a server error, wouldn't FileZilla fail as well?
    Double check the settings in Xara are the same as you have in FZ.
    Chris, without knowing the innards of the built-in Xara FTP client and its routing and the "worked in the past" assertion, it is simpler to assume a routing issue.
    Otherwise, you start chasing configurations all day. As the OP is comfortable in using FileZilla, I would have thought checking the settings matched would be been self-evident.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I've had issues in the past with the Connect With settings.

See what happens if you just select FTP. If this is successful then this may be the problem.
    . Results in reminder to enter host address and FTP username before manageing spacre

Right. You will need to enter password, server, etc.

Changed over to Cyberduck and was able to publish, even though settings in FileZilla matched Xara. Should mention that the FileZilla was a recent install on a newer laptop. My next step was going to try FileZilla from the original PC when I was at that location later.
    Only problem remaining is that the phone variant is only showing the left half when viewed on android although that half looked correct. Just need whole thing to fit screen. I though it was meant to auto adjust when viewed on phone?

Are you sure you're placing public_html in the subfolder section in Xara's other Web Host Settings? This is the normal root folder on most web servers these days.

When you create a variant you need to resize all the page content down to fit the smaller size. It can be made to auto fit the page if you use Scale to Fit Width option in Web Properties / Export.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	130194  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host