Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Hi all

As some here may know I have recently moved across to the Mac OS environment. It’s early days but so far so good - super fast and smooth operation, slick interface, etc. It’s not been without some hair pulling and frustration though, mainly down to different keyboard shortcuts and getting to grips with things like ‘Finder’, the equivalent to Windows file explorer.

I’ve installed the Affinity apps and few other tools and resources, and now all setup for my new graphical adventure. I’m only a hobbyist, but I do have some grandiose ideas for the future! ;-)

Anyhow, I’m in the process of going through old Windows hard drives and came across a folder full of bitmap copies of .xar files. Some of the images were created solely for the monthly TG scribble challenge.

I still have my Windows laptop handy but to build up muscle memory, I’ll mostly be immersing myself in my new setup from now on. I'll still pop back for the monthly scribble challenge as that’s not app/platform specific, and probably post the odd (frog) photo or two! I also want to keep tabs on Ernie's Dürer drawing (hope he's ok with the terrible floods).

So without further ado, here are a few final fishy related doodles arranged in a grid format.

I'll raise a glass to you all. All the best and au revoir - bye for now!

Jono (Jon)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnails - small - low-quality.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	130185  
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish!

all the best jono, will miss you - I'm still buying the lottery tickets

a great collection of ichthyart
    Last edited by handrawn; 19 July 2021 at 11:58 AM. Reason: damn greek spellng rules worse than english
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Jono, have a Smokie on us.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It's been a barrel of laughs. And fish. Good luck, Jon. Thought his all sounds kinda fishy.

Good Cod, you're leaving us! You'll be missed.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Have fun! Cod for you!

I remember your Windows box was a bit sluggish.. ..how's the Mac in comparison?

Your artwork is fantastic.

Hi Jono,
    I wish You luck in your new OS environment.

I bouht in 12/2020 the most powerfull AND (treadripper) was able to buy. So nothing is slagish and may memory is build to the max.
    But thank your for your compassion.

Good luck Jono you will be missed, I always enjoyed seeing what you came up with.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sorry to see you go, Jonopen but good luck with your Mac and the Affinity suite!

Jono, sorry to see you go. I'll miss your art. Love the fish. Enjoy the Mac.