Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to make your own widgets?

I was hoping to make my own widgets however I can't find any information online. The closest I can find is a post by Acorn with an example:

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...w-Table-Widget

Is this documented anywhere?

Default Re: How to make your own widgets?

Welcome to TalkGraphics Paco

There is no documentation that I am aware of. Several members including Acorn have found and or created scripts. Check back.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics Paco

There is no documentation that I am aware of several members including Acorn have found and or created scripts. Check back.
    Should you do a TG search with keywords such as CSS, HTML and Xara Widget (and Acorn) there are numerous posts on how to use Placeholders, Website/Page HTML code (head) & HTML code (body). There is also a vast array of goodies and examples of how to do things that one might not have discovered were possible. The broader question is what is it you want to do that you cannot do with standard Xara functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    The broader question is what is it you want to do that you cannot do with standard Xara functionality?
    My background is coding, so I may be approaching this in a different way to others. What I really want to do is create a series of self-contained objects that I can link and place in various parts of a website, while still being able to make some adjustments. For instance, I'd like an accordion text block that I can just drag and drop in place and edit the text based on a template. So if I later decide I want to adjust the look of ALL of these blocks on the website, I can just edit one of them. Or a custom link button, so that if I want to add code to ALL of the buttons later, and I can just edit one.

The only thing I know of at this stage is that I can create an object like that, and make it repeat on ALL pages, and then delete it from the pages I don't need. It's workable, but then I cant edit properties like size, orientation without unlinking (afaik).

I'm new to Xara so may have a lot of this backwards!